Death Metal

Finally checked them out yesterday, listened to Hail Infernal Darkness on last.fm, was damn good.

Yes, Hail Infernal Darkness is great.

Read the posts above, and I disagree with those who say Nile are boring. Annihilation of the Wicked is just a great DM album. In their Darkened Shrines and Those whom the Gods Detest aren't half bad either.

Read the posts above, and I disagree with those who say Nile are boring. Annihilation of the Wicked is just a great DM album. In their Darkened Shrines and Those whom the Gods Detest aren't half bad either.

AotW is really a good album... most of their other stuff is atleast solid. They get alot of hate here though.

The only Nile song I would find amusing to this day is "Lashed To The Slave Stick".

Last edited by a moderator:
It's what they do.
It's something Karl Sanders is pretty talented at too... if you ever checked his solo work.... it sounds pretty cool without the death metal in it as well.

The new Nile album is the best thing they've done, but I'm re-listening to their material due to a concert coming up, and damn In Their Darkened Shrines is so much better then I remember. I love "The Blessed Dead" and "Unas Slayer of the Gods".