Death Metal

EP_goddefied_remnants.gif

I can confirm that Goddefied is still fucking quality. This 7" contains 2 new songs on side A that are both absolutely solid and a rerecording of Zephaniah Dwells on the B side that fully lives up to the original. Hopefully there's more to come. I was looking for mp3s of this and somewhat happily couldn't find any, so I ripped it myself. I recommend that everyone with a record player who likes authentic old school death metal buy a copy of this.

It's a bit more straightforward, but still in the same vein. I would imagine most people who liked Abysmal Grief should like "Devoured" and "Remnants of the Art", and the re-recording of "Zephaniah Dwells" is very good.

Kind of a noobish and general question, but are there any bands similar to the thick sludgy sound of Morbid Angel? Stuff like this song

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the other way around, really.

edit: Wow, holy christ, those sound sweet. Cannot wait to see them at MDF...one of my most anticipated bands!

I recently got me Deicide's Legion album and it is more intense than the ST. So far I think the ST is a little more quality though, but Legion is more for thrashing around and going crazy.

I find the chaotic aspect of Legion to be a little much at times. I enjoy it on occasion but I prefer the self-titled by a landslide.

I'm wondering how the vocals will sound in the new Gorguts samples, if vocals will indeed be added to the parts we've heard. I really enjoy Luc's vocal style, it fits Gorguts perfectly.

The immolation is fucking solid!!!

I've never heard any of their earlier albums, any in particular that stand out? I've been told they are fairly consistent throughout their career.

There are some releases from last year that are really good, they've been mentioned many times over the past few months though. So in case you've missed em:

Ulcerate - Everything is Fire
Ignivomous - Death Transmutation
The Chasm - Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm
Funebrarum - The Sleep of Morbid Dreams