Death Metal

There are some releases from last year that are really good, they've been mentioned many times over the past few months though. So in case you've missed em:

Ulcerate - Everything is Fire
Ignivomous - Death Transmutation
The Chasm - Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm
Funebrarum - The Sleep of Morbid Dreams

I'll check these out. Thanks bro.

Yeah I've been listening to it more today, its a really interesting album with lots of depth and atmosphere, seems like its one I'll keep listening to for a while yet. I've only been playing old-school DM for a while now, not really up on new releases very much so I'll be checking out those listed above.

I've been saying this many times and I'll say it again - Bolt Thrower are fucking brilliant!!!! God, I love them... I love them so much!

Quick question- but is there such a thing as Folk/Death? Nile sorta fits the bill, but beyond that I can't think of any bands that do that sort of thing.

I've been saying this many times and I'll say it again - Bolt Thrower are fucking brilliant!!!! God, I love them... I love them so much!

This is a convincing post. I am going to check them out later. I am a total ignoramus when it comes to current death metal but I don't want to stay that way forever.

This is a convincing post. I am going to check them out later. I am a total ignoramus when it comes to current death metal but I don't want to stay that way forever.

They are definitely worth checking out. Albums are damn solid. The IVth Crusade, ...for Victory and War Master are great Death Metal albums.

Quick question- but is there such a thing as Folk/Death? Nile sorta fits the bill, but beyond that I can't think of any bands that do that sort of thing.

Never heard of it but I'm sure someone's tried it ineffectively before. Personally I think brutal death metal bands with even a little bit of classical guitar randomly thrown in is a bit absurd; it fits with BM because BM is more melodic but it just sounds dumb 99% of the time in death metal iyam.

You totally need to hear them and then tell us what you think :)

Also try out Infernal Wrath. Though not out and out folk, they have tendencies to use folk-ish elements. And they're from India, for those wanting to hear Indianized Death Metal.

Their first two albums are my favorites of what I have but I don't have Unholy Cult for some reason. Like em better than Close to a World Below though.