Death Metal

The mixing is alittle off, but if you listen to the album on a stereo it sounds fine. It's just something I noticed.

What's better, Dawn of Possession or Here in After? I'm deciding which to buy. By the way, I like it heavy and have been on a big dark-crushing DM kick lately (e.g. Ignivomous, Impetuous Ritual, Dead Congregation, Incantation).

Dawn of Possession is by far Immolation's best imo, but if you're really getting a hard-on for more dissonant and chaotic stuff lately, you should try stuff after Dawn of Possession, which is more straight forward death metal.

Dawn of Possession is by far Immolation's best imo, but if you're really getting a hard-on for more dissonant and chaotic stuff lately, you should try stuff after Dawn of Possession, which is more straight forward death metal.

I totally agree that Dawn of Possession is a better album, but I have to say that their pre-Harnessing Ruin albums are totally not straight foward.

Get all of their albums when you get the chance. My favorites are Here In After, Unholy Cult, and Dawn of Possession.

Dawn of Possession is more of a melting pot of absolutely potent and disturbing blasphemies, whereas Here in After is more emotional, grandiose, and cohesive as a whole. They tie in the "best Immolation" contest so you should really just get both and neglect whatever insignificant thing it is you'll spend the extra money on.

I feel like Here in After, Failures for Gods, and Unholy Cult are inextricably linked conceptually, sort of like the three Order from Chaos albums are. I can't help but feel that the character in "Rival the Eminent" is the exact same soul that was abandoned by an imperfect God in "Away from God" and the being that foresaw the ironically demonic coming of Christ in "Once Ordained".

I really wish there were more bands like Immolation.

I totally agree that Dawn of Possession is a better album, but I have to say that their pre-Harnessing Ruin albums are totally not straight forward.

Yea that's what I meant to say; Dawn of Possession is the more straight forward riffy death metal album where as the next 4 albums are...not.

What's better, Dawn of Possession or Here in After? I'm deciding which to buy. By the way, I like it heavy and have been on a big dark-crushing DM kick lately (e.g. Ignivomous, Impetuous Ritual, Dead Congregation, Incantation).

Dawn of Possession by leaps and bounds (but I do prefer their more straight-forward sound).

First is Severed Savior by Severed Savior from the album Brutality is law.

Second is

Spawn of Possession - Swarm of the Formless.
From Cabinet.

Both bands are good if you're into the tech brutal death metal kinda thing.

Well, there's this simple thing we can do to find out what song a song is if we know the band...the SOP song is 3:07 long and looking at their discography starting with Cabinet shows that Swarm of the Formless is 3:07 long. You're welcome.