Death Metal

vvvvvcardimage.png

I should also mention Testimony of the Ancients. After one listen it seems like an album with a split personality, on the one had BLAARRGH-IM-SO-EVIL death metal parts and then suddenly LOOK-AT-ME-EPIC-PROG-GASM parts and it's almost like they don't belong in the same room. That's not to say that neither of those things are good. I enjoy everything about the album. But it doesn't seem to fit together as well as I'd like, at least so far.

I've listened to new The Dead album Ritual Executions twice today and while Vx5 mentioned that the album was good (I assume that's his opinion 'cause he said that the closing track was very good) for me it is just boring. Mid tempo like this certainly doesn't appeal to me. I tried to catch some fine moments but I couldn't help but think that the vox sounded at times like Chris Barnes.

Overall it's unremarkable for me, at least not something to put on my iPod. As for now it is average IMO though I'll probably get back to it after some time.

EDIT: Sorry for my typos, it's 4am here already.

The dude who put it out posted it here. It is likely that anyone who dislikes it dislikes the constituent parts making up its musical formula, however, since it's not very modern or poserish or anything that is immediately off-putting to most people.

It does sound kind of "vintage", though I will listen to it some more after I get some sleep.

You are familiar with their self-titled album Vx5?