Death Metal

I've seen a lot of mentions of Dead Congregation on this forum. I've only heard the full-length, which is pretty good. Is the EP better or worse than the full-length?

On a semi-related note, just heard the Beneath the Columns album from Funebrarum. Didn't expect too much from it, but I am liking it quite a bit.

I've seen a lot of mentions of Dead Congregation on this forum. I've only heard the full-length, which is pretty good. Is the EP better or worse than the full-length

I've heard some people say that the EP has better songs but the album is better overall, though I'd say that that the album wins on both counts. It's still definitely worth a listen though.

I've seen a lot of mentions of Dead Congregation on this forum. I've only heard the full-length, which is pretty good. Is the EP better or worse than the full-length?

On a semi-related note, just heard the Beneath the Columns album from Funebrarum. Didn't expect too much from it, but I am liking it quite a bit.

Dead Congregation's EP is good, the full lenght is fucking great. It's worth checking it.

Funebrarum = :kickass:

When I first checked out the tracks from their myspace page, I liked the ones from the EP a little better, but heard a little more positive feedback from the full-length, so I checked that out instead. I thought it was good, but should give it another listen before saying whether it is great or just decent. But, I'll definitely go with WCannibal's rec and give the EP a listen.

Krigloch, I'm out of Champaign btw.

Yeah, I pretty much enjoy Echoes the best also. Antithesis has a somewhat different sound than their other releases though, so you may want to be wary before hauling off and purchasing their whole back catalog expecting that.

Japanese/Korean DM festival coming up on Saturday. Really excited to see Dehorn, Serpent and Hydrophobia again, as well as all the other bands. The venue has barricades on the floor which means either no moshing whatsoever (which is fine with me) - or people getting crushed.

http://ip.tosp.co.jp/i.asp?i=hydro666

^ Great to see them praised, I really love the band. They're so underrated imo. :kickass:

I think they were unfortunate in arriving very late on the scene. If they had released The Supreme Force of Eternity or Enter the Realm of Death in 1993, they would be regarded as legends. Personally I listen to those albums more than many comparable early 90s albums like say, Slumber of Sullen Eyes. Their stuff is not original but it is flawlessly executed.

I think they were unfortunate in arriving very late on the scene. If they had released The Supreme Force of Eternity or Enter the Realm of Death in 1993, they would be regarded as legends. Personally I listen to those albums more than many comparable early 90s albums like say, Slumber of Sullen Eyes. Their stuff is not original but it is flawlessly executed.

Agreed. There's a certain brilliance about The Supreme Force of Eternity that I can't quite put my finger on. It seems like simple death metal, but it has this dark, mystical atmosphere surrounding it which I can only attribute to Rudolfsson's time in bands like Sacramentum and early Swordmaster. It's up there with the best from At the Gates, Necrophobic, Dismember, Therion and Merciless in my eyes.