Death Metal

Psalms sucks balls in the face of Chapters of Repugnance. Good list VelociBrad, but I don't think even I could make a top 10, as there are way too many quality death metal and black/death metal demos and albums coming out this year.

Anything in the vein of Dead Congregation? Ive been blown away countless times this year with black metal, and even with some blackened death stuff like Teitanblood, but on the death side I havent seem to have found nearly as much good stuff.

The best probably being the new Weapon, love the variation and progression.

I should come on here more often since you guys have all the new shit.

For stuff in the same vein as Dead Congregation check out:

Burial Invocation - Rituals of the Grotesque
Vasaeleth - Crypt Born & Tethered to Ruin
The Wakedead Gathering - Tenements of Ephemera
Deteriorot - The Faithless
Innumerable Forms - Dark Worship EP

Defeated Sanity are seriously good too, I'm not normally a fan of brutal death but this is great. Crushing, technical guitar/bass playing all over the place.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeLoJmEsGOE&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Excellent stuff, except for the vocals. I have a hard time listening to that kind of vocals for like 3 or 4 songs in a row, let alone a whole album. It sucks cause the instrumental is damn good.

^ Excellent stuff, except for the vocals. I have a hard time listening to that kind of vocals for like 3 or 4 songs in a row, let alone a whole album. It sucks cause the instrumental is damn good.

Normally that is the case for me too, yet for some reason I am finding with this that they are ok and seem to complement the music well. I have avoided brutal death for ages because of the vocals, might have to look into a few more now.

terrible
hey guitarists, how about using something other than the first 5 frets and more than the 2 low strings.
boring as fuck