Death Metal

It's just too vanilla to even be worth discussing.

I've got a controversial one; In-Quest's Extrusion: Battlehymns is one of the best death metal albums ever made.
I remember thinking that Operation: Citadel was a bit better, but I haven't listened to either in ages. Great albums, though.

Dawn Of Possession, Here In After, and Close to a World Below. Everything else is a bit inconsistent to me.

I have to agree. Theres many albums though out there that no one gives a chance simply because its unknown. :(

Pretty much. It's disappointing. Especially from people who claim they love the music, and are completely passive about looking into finding more good bands that they might have missed out on in the past, or that are coming out now.

That Mangled Torsos album definitely isn't one of the best death metal albums. More like an obscure, average album lost amongst hundreds of other obscure, average albums from the early '90s. It can be cool to discover all these little known bands but the majority of them were forgotten for a reason.

I did not care for it. A better German DM album.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Mangled Torsos album definitely isn't one of the best death metal albums. More like an obscure, average album lost amongst hundreds of other obscure, average albums from the early '90s. It can be cool to discover all these little known bands but the majority of them were forgotten for a reason.

Gotta agree with this. It wasnt bad, decent doomy death metal but meh, I've never been all that interested in revisiting it.

As far as obscure osdm, I'm partial to

442938.jpg

It's certainly better than a ton of shit that gets recycled and talked about all the time (NILE, BEHEMOTH, CANNIBAL CORPSE, etc), which is why I brought it up.

and a lot of obscure little known bands are actually very good, and dismissing them as "forgotten for a reason" is pretty much as bad as praising something for being popular.