Death Metal

A gem that came out of a not particularly good DM scene.

Baphomet-The_Dead_Shall_Inherit-Frontal.jpg

Baphomet is good. so is Banished.

finally got a copy of the new Perdition Temple. took forever for a US distro to stock it.

also check out Grave Desecrator. if you dudes like old Sepultura, Sarcofago and Vulcano you'll love it.

Ritual of Infinity is good. I do wish it was recorded different, but oh well. It should have sounded better.

I revisited Baphomet's The Dead Shall Inherit recently and came to the conclusion that it's some of the best death metal to come out of New York besides, perhaps, Immolation.

It's certainly better than a ton of shit that gets recycled and talked about all the time (NILE, BEHEMOTH, CANNIBAL CORPSE, etc), which is why I brought it up.

and a lot of obscure little known bands are actually very good, and dismissing them as "forgotten for a reason" is pretty much as bad as praising something for being popular.

I think what he was trying to say is that a lot of obscure albums are often praised for being obscure rather then the music.

I think what he was trying to say is that a lot of obscure albums are often praised for being obscure rather then the music.

Well, its true also. The "obscure" bands are often just insanly influence by the "talked about all the time" bands which often sat the standards in the first place.

Beeing a death metal fan and calling bands like "Nile" shit will only make you look like a dumbass. Praising something for being popular is for sure not the way to go either. "Popular" or obscure, it says nothing about the quality of a product. But the its also easier for the obscure to talk smack about the "popular" and its very often cause of jealousy...