Death Metal

Received a great haul today, including these two. Highly recommend!

LPviolentharm.jpg

savagedeathcolorvinyl.jpg

Savage Death - Crucified After the Genocide
Archenemy - Violent Harm

It seems that some people are too fucking stupid to understand that if you don't like the sound of a band, said band is not 'shit'. I don't like Opeth, but I'm not going to around calling them 'shit'. Pull your fucking head out of your ass.

And, we've produced many fine bands here. Kressman, whow as in Rites of thy Degringolade is now in Weapon who is up there with Blasphemy in terms of the best blackened metal to be put out by a Canadian band.

Luciferion is becoming my second favorite Swedish DM band after At The Gates. Fucking love the way they manage to take the blasting energy of Vader and force it into the obscure synth-landscapes of Nocturnus. Epic stuff.

^Great band for sure.

We need more shit like this around...

pretty much. When I saw Immolation supporting Nile earlier in the year, most of the place left before Nile even came on. They only came for Immolation.

Most of the place, like you and your imaginary friends? Too bad for the people who missed a great live band. Were you one of the smart enough to catch them live? Ive seen both, and Nile makes Immolation look like a radio friendly band live.

Nile is generic sub-par death metal for the most part. Announcing that "people aren't allowed to say they think a band sucks without looking like a dumbass" ironically makes you look pretty stupid, actually. There are actually a lot of death metal fans who don't like Nile but I suppose that would be the reason why you felt the need to showcase your insecurity about liking a band that so-called "elitists" don't like.

My statement was against the "Nile is a shitty band" opinion. You can dislike them as much as you want, but calling them a shitty death metal band makes you look like a joke. I also find it ironic that Immolation fans would call Nile generic, I enjoy both bands. Its not the band there is something wrong with, its the listener.

Better then anything that came out of your mothers vagina...

It seems that some people are too fucking stupid to understand that if you don't like the sound of a band, said band is not 'shit'. I don't like Opeth, but I'm not going to around calling them 'shit'. Pull your fucking head out of your ass.

Thumbs up to you, sir.

Last edited by a moderator:
My statement was against the "Nile is a shitty band" opinion. You can dislike them as much as you want, but calling them a shitty death metal band makes you look like a joke. I also find it ironic that Immolation fans would call Nile generic, I enjoy both bands. Its not the band there is something wrong with, its the listener.

I dislike them because I think they are a shitty band. How does that make me look like a joke, exactly? Is "shittyness" objective all of a sudden?

But Nile are pretty generic. I used to be a fan of them four or five years ago back when I never listened to much death metal but once I started listening to more death metal, I started to find out that they aren't anything special.

I think Nile have their moments. Even though I'm not as much of a fan of them as I was back in '02/'03, I still enjoy their first two albums just fine. I started getting bored with them when they released Annihilation of the Wicked, but I don't think they're as generic as people here make them out to be. Certainly not as generic as some of the old school "hidden gems" or new old school throwback stuff that gets praise around here and other parts of the internet.

My favorite stuff from Canada is Horde of Worms and Neuraxis. I went through a big Canadian death kick years back, but have found that a lot of stuff just doesn't end up keeping my interest (specifically Martyr, Cryptopsy and Quo Vadis).

I don't listen to death metal much these days, but I did stumble across Mitochondrion's Parasignosis today, and I must say I am impressed.