Death Metal

Been a death metal fan for a very long time, and I will repeat it again: Nile is shit.

There were plenty of obscure bands that were better than a lot of the popular bands that didn't get recognition. It is not "jealously" to say that. What is wrong with you? Too much Children of Bodom rot your brain?

Been a death metal fan for a very long time, and I will repeat it again: Nile is shit.

There were plenty of obscure bands that were better than a lot of the popular bands that didn't get recognition. It is not "jealously" to say that.

Its not jealously to say anything, but a lot of obscure bands in general suffers from jealously. Just think of DEATH back in the day, all the shit they got from all those "jealous" bands talking trash for what they accomplished. Nile is 100% quality and always will be, why would anyone with taste call them shit? Have their own "sound" and does not sound like a carbon-copy like 90% of the death metal bands out there.

What is wrong with you? Too much Children of Bodom rot your brain?

I find it very ironic cause this was very close to what I was talking about. You found it easier to talk smack cause im listening to a band thats too "popular" and "big" for long time "cred" metalheads right? Picked the easiest target in my sig, try making yourself look "cooler" that way. Hope it makes you more popular...;)

Can never have enough CoB to rot my brain. I could not care less about their popularity, if I enjoy it I support it. They have nothing to do with death metal though...

Why don't you bring back that Opeth sig.

They are still in my sig ;)

What I dont get about Nile... is that plenty of people love Hour of Penance... and they sound exactly like Nile, just with the egyptian stuff stripped out... but they hate Nile.

I'll listen to Nile one minute or Moondark the next though...

Assuming my problem with CoB is popularity is laughable. I do not care how popular a band is, that has nothing to do with the quality of their music.

CoB and Nile both make terrible music.

Nile sucks.

All the old paintings on the tomb
They do the sand dance dont'cha know
If they move too quick (Oh-Way-Oh)
They're falling down like a domino!

Hour of Penance is nothing like Nile
Nile = riffs
HoP = a mess of noise

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy HoP, but they are on the cusp of being boring

First 3.5 CoB cds are great. I love it when the elite dudes diss on good music

I cant stand Opeth, just dont like them. But they are far from shit.

Its not jealously to say anything, but a lot of obscure bands in general suffers from jealously. Just think of DEATH back in the day, all the shit they got from all those "jealous" bands talking trash for what they accomplished. Nile is 100% quality and always will be, why would anyone with taste call them shit? Have their own "sound" and does not sound like a carbon-copy like 90% of the death metal bands out there.

Nile is generic sub-par death metal for the most part. Announcing that "people aren't allowed to say they think a band sucks without looking like a dumbass" ironically makes you look pretty stupid, actually. There are actually a lot of death metal fans who don't like Nile but I suppose that would be the reason why you felt the need to showcase your insecurity about liking a band that so-called "elitists" don't like.

It's nice to see that the authoritative source on quality music (ArneZ) proved that Nile is 100% quality. Now, I'm going to buy (again) those Nile albums that I mistakenly disliked back then. What was I thinking at the time?!?...surely selling these albums was me being a dumbass.

Nile is generic sub-par death metal for the most part. Announcing that "people aren't allowed to say they think a band sucks without looking like a dumbass" ironically makes you look pretty stupid, actually. There are actually a lot of death metal fans who don't like Nile but I suppose that would be the reason why you felt the need to showcase your insecurity about liking a band that so-called "elitists" don't like.

pretty much. When I saw Immolation supporting Nile earlier in the year, most of the place left before Nile even came on. They only came for Immolation.

Lots of good stuff from canada! gorguts, cryptopsy, orchidectomy. great stuff, all of them. I'm prolly missing a ton, but those are some of the ones that first came to my mind.

Canada seems to be producing a more technical strain of death metal. Quo Vadis, Martyr, Cryptopsy, Gorguts. interesting.....