Death Metal

What's the general opinion of Blasphemophager around here? Seems like pretty good shit to me. And the album art kicks ass!

Why is Teitanblood always lumped in with those bands? They are just... so much better... and generally listenable.

Edit:

Also, on HHR's next releases page... I noticed Nunslaughter - Hell's Unholy Fire will be getting a cd and vinyl re-release.
I think I came a little.

That's good news, but who knows when they'll actually get around to releasing it.

I'm not understanding the love for Towards the Megalith. The sound itself is neat, but I feel like the songs don't go anywhere to exciting. Granted, I've only heard it about 3-4 times now, so I may feel different later on.

On the other hand, I have to join the Macabre Eternal hype crew. I went into it expecting to write it off as a competent albeit unnecessary rehash of the past, but it definitely justifies its own existence as a unique piece of work when compared alongside the first two. "Dirty Gore Whore" is perhaps the track that most accurately characterizes the album with its cinematic structure that's topped off by surprisingly excellent psychological lyricism (not that Reifert hasn't always been one of the more interesting death metal librettists). I can see it withstanding the test of time for sure.

No. Addo doesn't hear much in them either. I have yet to hear the album aside from the online stream. It sounded pretty cool but I'd need to look at it as a whole before I pass any sort of judgment on it. I doubt I'll have enough money to purchase it anytime soon.

Top 3 newest DM cds. go

For this year I'm guessing?

Some of my favorites:

Cianide - Gods of Death
Corpsessed - The Dagger and the Chalice
Revolting - In Grisly Rapture

honorable mention:
Gorephilia - Ascend to Chaos
Decrepitaph - Profane Doctrines Unburied
Autopsy
Necrophagia - we decided to use a fugly album art with david's star on skulls instead of pentagrams.

I havent listened to the new goreaphobia enough yet, but it seems very good too... and I'm waiting patiently for the new Entrails album.

Rites of The Pentagram is one of my current favorites.

Last edited by a moderator: