Death Metal

Yeah man. In fact, Psychostasia > Slumber in terms of finnish awesomeness. Slumber is just a well executed death metal album, but not as "special".

Well I love them all. But I must say Psychostasia is the finnish DM album I've listened to the most. For some reason, I always come back and feel like playing it.

I'll remember that for my next review. Thanks man! Does anyone have suggestions for albums I should review? I'm doing Sheolgeenna's full length and one of Carnivore Diprosopus's albums and maybe Electrocution's full length. Mostly lesser known stuff. Any requests?

Speaking of Finnish death metal again, I saw this new death metal band up in the DLA.

This is very cool. Usually I don't like new old school sounding bands (like Repugnant) because I think it just sounds like they're nice guys who're having fun and goofing around. This, on the other hand, sounds dangerous and evil for real.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Winterwolf was good. Weren't they also called Deathchain, who was also pretty badass if I remember correctly.

I figured it was some highly convoluted bullshit like that, but hey, either way, there's two badass bands, and that's what matters.

Double spamming this album:

Ritual Necromancy - Oath of the Abyss

absolutely suffocating death metal. Reminds me of swedish death mixed with slow Incantation.
I will be buying this when I get paid next week, positively.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Swedish Death Metal Legends Dismember break up"

That's what I read this morning at one of our most respected Metal Magazines' Site. Shit news, considering the band's history and discography. My favorite Swedish DM band by far. Don't know the reasons for splitting, but I hope they reconsider it.