Death Metal

It's probably just because I love Kam Lee, but Grave Wax sounds extremely promising on their split with Claws.

Whole thing:

Audio isnt perfect, probably vinyl rip. Grave Wax is the second half, if you want to skip Claws. (but they're pretty good too)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I heard that. I don’t want to rush into judging it but I don’t think it will beat DTBW which was simply awesome.

Dec 17 at The Purple Record
[Basement Venue: 1206 South Carlisle St., Philly]
Make You Suffer
The Aristokoks
& More
9 pm, Cover is a small donation, BYO

New Psycroptic song..... awesome.

http://soundcloud.com/nuclearblastrecords/psycroptic-carriers-of-the

9148.jpg

The guitar work on this just makes me gasm.

Ehh the vocals were kinda meh.
On another note, I have a request. What is some super old death/thrash stuff? Some proto-death that straddles the line between death and thrash. Stuff like Death's first album and Possessed.

I have listened to very little 2011 death metal, but holy fuck Sonne Adam's Transformation blew me away. Dark, disgusting, crunchy and morbid. It has all the makings of a classic.

Last edited by a moderator:
About that new Psycroptic song. . . I fucking hate that new vocalist they've had for a while, they need to bring back Chalky. He definitely stood out to me on Spawn of Possession when he did their vocals.

About that new Psycroptic song. . . I fucking hate that new vocalist they've had for a while, they need to bring back Chalky. He definitely stood out to me on Spawn of Possession when he did their vocals.

I can appreciate that. I felt the same way initially, but I've grown to like the new vocalist. Still, Scepter of the Ancients is their best album to date.