Death Metal

I agree that $200 is a dumb price to pay for a CD especially considering you can download about anything for free. It's true that some stuff is impossible to download though, but if I find that something is too obscure to download I will just get something else.

As far as Death Metal goes I never got super big into it. I have all the standard stuff, but not too awful much more as it's never been a huge interest to me. I love Suffocation, Cryptopsy, Theory in Practice & I have a big soft spot for Necrophagist's first album. Deicide's new album was killer. Alot of stuff like Behemoth & Nile I find rather bland, unintelligible, & not of much interest.

I'm also big on Atheist & I like Death here & there, but I wouldn't even call them both Death Metal really. At least not Atheist. Death is a Thrash/Death hybrid I always thought. They don't have the low sound that it associated with Death & Chuck had more of a screetch than growl.

I agree that $200 is a dumb price to pay for a CD especially considering you can download about anything for free. It's true that some stuff is impossible to download though, but if I find that something is too obscure to download I will just get something else.

whilst you are right in saying its a dumb price to pay, you appear to be completely removed from the real ideal of collecting death metal masterpieces, which means you suck.

whilst you are right in saying its a dumb price to pay, you appear to be completely removed from the real ideal of collecting death metal masterpieces, which means you suck.

:lol: I can usually download about anything for free. I haven't had much trouble downloading whatever it is I look for, but I still won't pay $200 for any CD, no matter how much a master piece it is. How in the fuck could I forget Morbid Angel though? Fucking shoot me for that one. I know all about the Florida Death Metal scene <<< I just don't listen to a shitload of it outside that scene. I have a good bit of DM, but mostly standard stuff & I'm not counting MeloDeath. What the hell did I say wrong dude?

:lol: I can usually download about anything for free. I haven't had much trouble downloading whatever it is I look for, but I still won't pay $200 for any CD, no matter how much a master piece it is. How in the fuck could I forget Morbid Angel though? Fucking shoot me for that one. I know all about the Florida Death Metal scene <<< I just don't listen to a shitload of it outside that scene. I have a good bit of DM, but mostly standard stuff & I'm not counting MeloDeath. What the hell did I say wrong dude?

DOWNLOADING =/= COLLECTING is what he is saying. But this argument fucking sucks.

Go to Phlebotomized's official Myspace and see if Dennis is still selling copies of Immense Intense Suspense at a normal fucking price. I bought a brand new copy from him about 6 months ago for $15, including postage! ;)

Exactly the way I did it as well. I think it was like a year and a half ago so maybe he ran out of stock... But I bought both albums directly from Dennis 30$ including shipping.

Nah. That's fucking ludicrous. I bought it for like $18. :lol:

Carbonized sold for some insane price too.

Hey I'm just wondering how you manage to find this stuff so cheap? Is their a website that you go to or something? Like seriously ebay bids are so much money, even on places like amazon I see old school death metal albums priced at $40 + how did you find that utumno cd for so cheap?? You should sell that thing you'll probably get around 100+ for it.

I've never seen either of the first two Sinister albums in the store here. Are they out of print?

Yeah they're out of print, but I think they were reissued as one of those "two in one" albums.

Hey I'm just wondering how you manage to find this stuff so cheap? Is their a website that you go to or something? Like seriously ebay bids are so much money, even on places like amazon I see old school death metal albums priced at $40 + how did you find that utumno cd for so cheap?? You should sell that thing you'll probably get around 100+ for it.

I guess I got lucky with the Utumno album; I bought it a couple of years ago from a seller on www.gemm.com who obviously didn't know how the rare it was. Check the site regularly, sometimes you'll find a great bargain.

Also, the surge in popularity of Old School Death Metal (particularly on ebay) seems to have risen greatly in the past year or so.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I'm constantly being beaten on eBay by people who will pay ridiculous prices for some of this shit.

Just started listening to ...In Pains for the FIRST TIME EVER. Digging it...I like the laid-back grooves that change time signatures!