Death Metal

Deathevokation's Chalice of Ages is the best Death Metal album that I'm aware of since the genre's glory days, in my opinion. It has singlehandedly restored my faith in contemporary (old school) Death Metal.

To add to Greys' list...

The Chasm - Conjuration of the Spectral Empire
Ancient Gods - Mystic Lands
Necros Christos - Triune Impurity Rites
Necroccultus - Encircling The Mysterious Necroelevation
Serpens Aeon - Dawn of Kouatl
Runemagick - The Supreme Force of Eternity (Not exactly new... but so fucking great that it makes the list)
Kaamos - Lucifer Rising
Darkness Eternal - Misanthropic Annihilation
Funebrarum - Beneath the Columns of Abandoned Gods

I really need to look into Mortem's later albums. Demon Tales is great.

I forgot

Interment/Funebrarum: Conjuration of the Sepulchral split cd. Interment are an early 90's swedish death metal band who reformed recording 5 new songs which are really great and if they record a fullenth will have a hard on!

two songs from the split are on their myspace

http://www.myspace.com/intermenthorde

I need to find Deathevokation

Go on ebay...you can usually get it for less then 10$. A real bargain for such a quality release.

Though it's not s full length, I'd like to add Mandatory - ...Where They Bleed to the list of quality newer death metal releases. I really like that EP.

Also, anybody heard the 3 way split with Deathevokation, Mandatory and Kingdom? Is it worth it? I know it's the material from 3 demos of these bands that are on it but I've yet to hear it...

Speaking of Mandatory does anyone have an idea when their full-length will be released? I really loved their demo and EP stuff and their site was last updated saying "In Torment..." was due as an early 07 release, clearly it hasn't come out yet. Any news on this front?

Would you say that is the best Runemagick? I've only heard "On Funeral Wings" and "Envenom", but their both really good.

From what I've heard (the two you mentioned, Darkness Death Doom, Enter the Realm of Death) it's quite easily the best. Then again I much prefer old school Swedish styled Death Metal (which is what's played on Supreme Force) to Death/Doom.

Go on ebay...you can usually get it for less then 10$. A real bargain for such a quality release.

Though it's not s full length, I'd like to add Mandatory - ...Where They Bleed to the list of quality newer death metal releases. I really like that EP.

Also, anybody heard the 3 way split with Deathevokation, Mandatory and Kingdom? Is it worth it? I know it's the material from 3 demos of these bands that are on it but I've yet to hear it...

I have it and I think its good. For deathevokation its the same songs on chalice of ages just rawer. Mandatory has some amazing demo songs on it. Kingdom is also a really interesting DM band that has some really wierd but cool vocals. Overall its a great split.