Death Metal

So it appears that Hypocrisy is going to re-record/remix Catch 22 and release it sometime next year. They're also including a bonus track "Nowhere to Run". I'm getting all this news from the Hypocrisy forum.

Given Hypocrisy's current musical direction, this is likely good news for those who aren't as tolerant of the original Catch 22 album, which was a mix of death metal and nu-metal.

What I'm expecting is that the sound will be heavier and more brutal, with Peter replacing a lot of the sung/spoken vocal lines with growls and screams.

Because you're a fucking dumbass or what?

Maybe!

rly....

because besides some early 90's florida death metal US death metal is generally some of the worst music on the fucking planet. I notice all you do lately is tell people to go fuck themselves so maybe you're not fit to be a moderater.

V5... censorship and not letting people talk about what they want. go fuck yourself.

Maybe!

rly....

because besides some early 90's florida death metal US death metal is generally some of the worst music on the fucking planet. I notice all you do lately is tell people to go fuck themselves so maybe you're not fit to be a moderater.

V5... censorship and not letting people talk about what they want. go fuck yourself.

There's plenty of awesome US old school death metal (besides the Florida scene of course). You don't like any of that?

If you are referring to me deleting your consistent "this thread/genre sucks" posts in the slam thread (fuck off), I have the right to do that as it is trolling (fuck off), so fuck off (fuck off).

lol.

I'm going to put on Fleshcrawl Descend into the Absurd after I'm done with HoM. Your lastfm "Fleshless" reference reminded me of it V. I can't remember Fleshcrawl being discussed much of late ... Descend into the Absurd is a hugely underappreciated album, I'd say its as good as Slumber of Sullen Eyes, but it hardly ever gets mentioned.

I really need to listen to Fleshcrawl again, I haven't in a long time. I liked it, but I suspect that I'll appreciate it more now. After some Sadus...

If you can't hear any 'euro-ness' in Deathevokation's sound you need new ears.

Yeah... Chalice of Ages obviously takes direct influence from the Swedish and Finnish scenes, and they make no attempt to hide this. The difference between Deathevokation and a lot of newer bands playing in the vein of the old school is that Deathevokation (the same can be said for Necros Christos, among others) don't just seem to be a band paying tribute to the greats of the early 90s. Evidently it's their preferred style of Death Metal, but they're certainly a band with their own vision and a greater purpose. They incorporate a lot of originality and maintain an utterly fresh, unique sound. One cannot listen to a few Myspace samples to grasp the sheer power behind this album. If you dislike it, it's your loss and I pity you (Not really, fuck off)

And yeah that Fleshcrawl album is brilliant.

Eucharist - A Velvet Creation is easily one of my favourite death metal albums, let alone one of my favourite Swedish death releases.