Death Metal

So I've come to the conclusion that Goatlord - Reflections of the Solstice rules! I got it on LP the other day and, at first, I was a bit put off by the drums (the snare sound is horrendous) but once I got past that, I realized that the album is some top-notch doom/death! I especially dug The Fog. The wind sounds give it a cool atomspheric vibe (in a dirty sort of way).

So I've come to the conclusion that Goatlord - Reflections of the Solstice rules! I got it on LP the other day and, at first, I was a bit put off by the drums (the snare sound is horrendous) but once I got past that, I realized that the album is some top-notch doom/death! I especially dug The Fog. The wind sounds give it a cool atomspheric vibe (in a dirty sort of way).

That's because they were coaxed into using an electric kit in the studio. The band isn't really happy with it either. Get the Distorted Birth demos collection.

I think a band V5 likes could be described as this. They're called Compost Mentis. Correct me if I'm wrong bro

More like symphonic/gothic melo-death, not really death metal. But good stuff.

As for symphonic DEATH metal...more bands need to do this. Check out Noctiferia - Per Aspera Ad Astra and Luciferion - The Apostate.

For more symphonic MELO-death, try out Hatecraft - Lost Consolation and Hevein - Sound Over Matter (not all melo-death, mainly just like modern groovy thrash with alternative rock/gothic influences. But it's good).