Death Metal

Just picked up and listened to in full Ghoul-Splatterthrash. What a great record. I love the mix of grind/death/thrash with horror themes and humor. This solidifies the fact that Razorback Records is my favorite record label along with Southern Lord Records.

Thanks. I'll check both of them.

You guys have me very interested as well.

No bites on Symphonic Thrash? It's kinda an oxymoron in a sense, but I'm sure a couple of bands have attained that sound. It is true that new Thrash is really nothing like old Thrash though, so a band like that could be easily be categorized differently.

Just picked up and listened to in full Ghoul-Splatterthrash. What a great record. I love the mix of grind/death/thrash with horror themes and humor. This solidifies the fact that Razorback Records is my favorite record label along with Southern Lord Records.

I myself just acquired that album today as well (I've heard of them forever, but never got around to listening to them, and I want to get acquainted with bands that I haven't heard that are going to be at Maryland Death Fest).

Though I think that "We Came For The Dead" is a bit better, this seems to be a band that offers a lot of fun.

I myself just acquired that album today as well (I've heard of them forever, but never got around to listening to them, and I want to get acquainted with bands that I haven't heard that are going to be at Maryland Death Fest).

Though I think that "We Came For The Dead" is a bit better, this seems to be a band that offers a lot of fun.

Where did you buy it?

I downloaded it. For shame. I'll probably buy it when I get the chance, but that isn't an option right now.

Oh I saw you were from the same state so I thought you maybe bought it from the same place I did which would be a interesting post for the board...:lol:

But it is a really good album. I need to buy a ton more Razorback records that I dont have.

Oh I saw you were from the same state so I thought you maybe bought it from the same place I did which would be a interesting post for the board...:lol:

But it is a really good album. I need to buy a ton more Razorback records that I dont have.

Heh, I see. I live a while away from Chicago, so that chance would be pretty slim.

But yes, Razorback have the tendency to release extremely solid stuff on a very consistent basis, which is why I always tend to watch that label more than any other.

Heh, I see. I live a while away from Chicago, so that chance would be pretty slim.

But yes, Razorback have the tendency to release extremely solid stuff on a very consistent basis, which is why I always tend to watch that label more than any other.

They always do a great job with artwork. I am honestly surprised that they dont acknowledge Robert Crumb for artwork on their myspace page.

418nPXHFd7L._SS500_.jpg

HAIL MASSACRE!

FROM BEEEYYYOOOONNND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing album!!! My friemd loaned me this disc and I was blown away. :headbang:

Loaded all the Decapitated cd's into my changer late last week and told my woman, "at least two of those will never be taken out of here."
I'll just switch out which two discs are in there and when.

Yeah, it's pretty good. Although I've only listened to it once so I won't go claiming "death metal album of the year" just yet. I don't think it can beat Necros Christos's damn fine effort.

I'm starting to think Dawn of Possession is my favorite death metal album of all time. I've been listening to it constantly lately and every single song (and riff) is amazing.

Unleashed has been kicking my ass lately. And today, my original copies of Where No Life Dwells and Shadows In The Deep arrived; they look exponentially better than the shitty 2-in-1 reissue from a few years back.