Death Metal

Why does Immolation's Unholy Cult cd go for 60 usd on ebay?? It was released in fucking 2002 and it's a major band too.

Everyone who wasted time replying to that discussion regarding the origins of death metal needs to take a moment, a couple deep breaths, go strap on their helmet and, crayons firmly gripped in hand, smack themselves in the forehead.
Seriously? Chuck actually hated being called the Godfather of Death metal. He pointed out the Possessed song to people. He was a modest man. And we're scumming his memory up with these pointless arguments. Granted, there were people who he didn't get along with (past bands, etc) but if you've ever been in a band, you know that that's just how shit stanks sometimes!

Point is, most of those old school "originator" death metal bands, WERE FRIENDS IF NOT FRIENDLY TO ONE ANOTHER. I'm not saying it was all pissing licorice and shitting rainbow gumdrops, here, but they all saw what was really important. What we here seem to have lost sight of.

Oh, and I got roped into one of these Death debates earlier on. I've already taken my retard crayonsmack moment. It helps clear the mind lol

*goes back to listening to the Team America World Police theme playing on repeat in his head*

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Seven Churches is a monumental album especially in terms of influence on extreme metal in general. There would not be majority of Death Metal and even Black Metal without it. I still prefere Spiritual Healing and Human musically.

That's cool. I do not post a lot of opinions on music, but have been listening to metal music for awile and know. I can talk about a lot of metal music. I do not listen to bands that did not establish themselves through demo's making a name for themselves in the underground world. Before the internet and computer studio shit. It's just really not my thing.

I was into Opeth and EoS before Bloodbath. I came across Resurrection Through Carnage at an FYE and it mentioned for fans of EoS,Katatonia, and Bloodbath and bought it. I've been a fan ever since. I was into DM before this and feel some of their fans are alittle ignorant, but that album is a solid Euro influenced Death Metal album. I like every Bloodbath cd and feel they're genuinely influenced by old school Death Metal. So...

I totally agree. I'm a diehard Katatonia fan, myself. I love Opeth, too, and hearing of that band got me bonerized for sure. I heard Resurrection Through Carnage and still consider it one of the best death metal albums in the 2000's. They take considerable influence and build upon it wonderfully. And when Peter of Hypocrisy did vocals it was still amazing (I have always been gay for Hypocrisy).

Seven Churches is a monumental album especially in terms of influence on extreme metal in general. There would not be majority of Death Metal and even Black Metal without it. I still prefere Spiritual Healing and Human musically.

Seven Churches is such a great album indeed. I love all of Death albums, but Human and Leprosy are probably my favorites. Spiritual Healing is not an easy album to click imo, but it's also great DM.

I just translated one !T.O.O.H.! song and I don't know where to put it but there was a discussion somewhere about the lyrics so yeah.

Shitstain Analysis

To see a drunken homeless
behind the train-station
to be unable to shed
a single excrement of sympathy

This deficit is not sad
yet I am enforced
to jerk off before shooting

The murder of a man without home
wasn't actually a murder
more of a personal training
the analysis of my own conscience's shitstains