Death Metal

48410_possessed_death_metal.jpg

Possessed definitely deserves more credit as far as being one of the first death metal bands. Plus, I believe Chuck was actually influenced by Possessed.

Possessed and Death get enough credit. There's obviously tons of influences when it comes to creating a genre. Death Metal is influenced by a decent ammount of bands and styles of music. A genre of music just does not form over night. It's kinda lame to get into stupid discussions regarding who started DM,etc...... There's plenty of DM scenes and influences.

Possessed and Death get enough credit. There's obviously tons of influences when it comes to creating a genre. Death Metal is influenced by a decent ammount of bands and styles of music. A genre of music just does not form over night. It's kinda lame to get into stupid discussions regarding who started DM,etc...... There's plenty of DM scenes and influences.

YES!

Seven Churches is better than anything by Death.

LOL ... no. Seven Churches isn't better than anything from Death.

It's a matter of opinion. Don't be one of those annoying Death fans that make people completely dismiss Chuck Schuldiner. I for one agree that Seven Churches trumps everything in Death's catalog, but I'm also not stupid enough to pretend that he Schuldiner never wrote anything good or that he died of AIDS, the latter being arguably the stupidest and most pathetic myth ever perpetuated in the underground metal scene.

Don't be one of those annoying Death fans that make people completely dismiss Chuck Schuldiner.

What the hell does that even mean? And you're right, its only opinions, you like what you like and i like what i like, and i couldn't give any less of a shit if anyone disagree's or gets annoyed just because im a Death fan ... That's like me saying you're getting annoying because you said Seven Churches trumps Death's catalog ... cmon now, dont be one of those guys.

I'm talking about fanboy reactions like the ones that you gave above. Fanboy reactions tend to turn off non-fanboys, sometimes even causing them, illogically, to like the band less, or even dislike them. I gave my opinion. You scoffed at the opinions of others. There's a pretty clear difference here.

Oh ok, so me saying Death's catalogue is better than Seven Churches is a "fanboy" reaction? Can you explain how thats any different from someone saying the exact opposite or you saying Seven Churches "trumps" Death? Nevermind bro, im done here.

All i did was try to derail some lame "death isnt first" "no influence" "they didnt invent death metal" arguments without pushing it a single time, and end up with you trying to accuse me of being some kind of annoying fanboy.

I dont agree with you, you dont have to get butthurt and try to bash on me over it dude ... thanks.

TheNightsBane said:
Oh ok, so me saying Death's catalogue is better than Seven Churches is a "fanboy" reaction? Can you explain how thats any different from someone saying the exact opposite or you saying Seven Churches "trumps" Death? Nevermind bro, im done here.

All i did was try to derail some lame "death isnt first" "no influence" "they didnt invent death metal" arguments without pushing it a single time, and end up with you trying to accuse me of being some kind of annoying fanboy.

I dont agree with you, you dont have to get butthurt and try to bash on me over it dude ... thanks.

Nobody is trying to bash you, but you are offering disagreements in the form of "lol whatever buddy you dont know anything" while other people are actually explaining their opinions. You are dismissive and don't actually reply to what people say beyond disagreeing.

I also didn't see anyone say Death wasn't influential.