Death Metal

TheNightsBane said:
They are easily one of top 3 death metal bands of all time, and for me they're firmly planted at the top spot ... and their whole catalogue is amazing, only a few bands can even come close to having a discography like theirs.

I actually agree with the last part of your post, only because most bands who release an album as good as Scream Bloody Gore won't release an album as bad as The Sound of Perseverance.

I like a few Death albums (Leprosy, Individual Thought Patterns, Human, and Symbolic). Never got into Scream Bloody Gore, and Spiritual Healing seems kind of weak IMO. I have mixed feelings about Sound of Perseverance-but it isn't THAT bad.
Still, some people get carried away with anything that has to do with Death, and deny that anything they have done is even halfway weak. Makes me not appreciate the band quite as much.

They're almost always the same people who think that Death invented death metal and that the genre was named after them. Neither of which are even remotely correct.

I remember reading about how Billy had this phase where he hated old school Death Metal. Despite that I do enjoy a decent ammount of Razorback releases. Impetigo,Decrepitaph,Hooded Menace,Revolting,Ghoul,Lord Gore, the Blizaro cd was pretty cool.

Hooded Menace gives me all kinds of metal boners.

They're almost always the same people who think that Death invented death metal and that the genre was named after them. Neither of which are even remotely correct.

thats funny, considering no one here has even mentioned neither of those two things. :rolleyes:

... and since were on the subject, nobody inveneted death metal, but they were one of the first death metal bands, and nobody can argue that.

thats funny, considering no one here has even mentioned neither of those two things. :rolleyes:

... and since were on the subject, nobody inveneted death metal, but they were one of the first death metal bands, and nobody can argue that.

I'm not sure why you would think that I was talking about you or anyone else involved in this discussion, as there are plenty of people on the internet who seem to think that Death is the most influential metal band ever. They're definitely the death metal band whose influence is the most consistently overstated.

I think it's more a reaction to the godlike worship they get in many corners. I love Human and some of the older albums, but sometimes you just wanna go "guys, SETTLE DOWN."

I think it's more a reaction to the godlike worship they get in many corners. I love Human and some of the older albums, but sometimes you just wanna go "guys, SETTLE DOWN."

Of course, but that does not make the counterargument any more legitimate. As is normally the case, the argument for Death's musical quality and influence lies somewhere in between the positions of the fanboys and the trolls. Sometimes people have to reminded that it's okay to like things.

They definitely were one of the most influential death metal bands ever, if not thee most influential ... and if you fail to see that, then i genuinely feel sorry for you.

They were definitely not the most influential, although they were one of the most influential bands early on. Most of their fans think that they invented death metal and technical death metal for some reason.

They definitely were one of the most influential death metal bands ever, if not thee most influential ... and if you fail to see that, then i genuinely feel sorry for you.

False. They started the sound somewhat, but only in the same sense that Venom started black metal. The kernel was there, but far more was going on than the genre they supposedly invented.

:err:

exactly which part of my post that you quoted was "false"?

edit: and once again, there is no single band that "invented" death metal, so you guys need to just jump off of that. And no one here besides you two has even pushed that subject.

and im going to stop being nice here, if you guys dont consider Death to be one of the originators of the genre, than honestly you shouldnt even be commenting on anything related to death metal.

... by the way, how old are you two?

48410_possessed_death_metal.jpg