Death Metal

I have a first press of that Electrocution album. It's average. Same with The Spooky Gloom by Sempiternal Deathreign. Except that album is awesome. I am drunk and gloating. And awesome. Fuck yeah.

Yeah I have always thought that Electrocution album is nothing special.

Vader is seriously one of the most underrated death metal bands. Have they ever made a bad album? The Ultimate Incantation, De Profundis, Litany, Impressions in Blood are all perfect albums, kicks so much ass its insane. Their new Welcome to the Morbid Reich is also massive! Death is the only USDM band that comes close to them.

Vader is one of the most popular and well-known death metal bands. They're hardly underrated.

Also, Death has 1.5 good albums. The later ones suck and are hardly even related to death metal.

Lately I have been listening to Ares Kingdom.

Vader is seriously one of the most underrated death metal bands. Have they ever made a bad album? The Ultimate Incantation, De Profundis, Litany, Impressions in Blood are all perfect albums, kicks so much ass its insane. Their new Welcome to the Morbid Reich is also massive! Death is the only USDM band that comes close to them.

Just because this is bothering me... for the most part Vader can be very boring.

The Ultimate Incantation is okay old school death at best... De Profundis is probably the best thing I've heard by them and it in no fucking way can compare to Spiritual Healing. I'm not even that huge of a Death fan, but honestly nothing Vader has done touches any of their first 4 albums.

^ Yes, Vader's a good band. Their live performances are fucking great and some of the albums are decent. A few are very good. But comparing Vader to Death is insane.

Whoever thinks Vader's better has serious problems getting what Death Metal really means.

Also, Death has 1.5 good albums. The later ones suck and are hardly even related to death metal.

:err: .... put down the crack pipe son.

^ Yes, Vader's a good band. Their live performances are fucking great and some of the albums are decent. A few are very good. But comparing Vader to Death is insane.

Whoever thinks Vader's better has serious problems getting what Death Metal really means.

QFT!

If you ask me, the drastic musical departure displayed on later Death albums constitutes my referring to them as something other than death metal, especially The Sound of Perseverence. I find them to be overambitious, musically displeasing despite the technical ability displayed and full of poor lyrics and even worse vocals. Another problem that I have is that the albums don't sound spontaneous in the slightest and the musicians did nothing to convince me that they were doing anything other than going through the motions in the studio. The "Painkiller" cover on the last album is especially awful because of the musical rigidity and vocal similarity to Dani Filth.

I enjoy Scream Bloody Gore a lot, and each album after it successively less.

If you ask me, the drastic musical departure displayed on later Death albums constitutes my referring to them as something other than death metal, especially The Sound of Perseverence. I find them to be overambitious, musically displeasing despite the technical ability displayed and full of poor lyrics and even worse vocals. Another problem that I have is that the albums don't sound spontaneous in the slightest and the musicians did nothing to convince me that they were doing anything other than going through the motions in the studio. The "Painkiller" cover on the last album is especially awful because of the musical rigidity and vocal similarity to Dani Filth.

I enjoy Scream Bloody Gore a lot, and each album after it successively less.

I disagree with your comments on quality of their albums, but agree wholly with the genre thing. Sound of Perseverance isn't anything one would normally call "death metal". Great album, but death metal? Hardly.

To me, Death is "death metal" in the way Venom is black metal. Aside from the name link (be it band or album name), there is a KERNEL of the later genre in there, but it isn't fully formed and certainly isn't what you would call a prototypical example thereof.

The "Painkiller" cover on the last album is especially awful because of the musical rigidity and vocal similarity to Dani Filth

I enjoy their cover of Painkiller. Chuck always had a greater love of traditional metal than death metal. The cover is a symbol of that love. Before he died, he got to do a project that further embodied that love. Control Denied is an awesome summation of Chucks passion!

I'm not a huge fan of Death, but I enjoy The Sound Of Perseverance a lot. It's one of the few prog Death Metal albums I can tolerate (Prog DM is different than Tech DM). I can respect what Death did for Metal as a whole, but their whole collection isn't something I personally shit bricks over.