Death Metal

Death is one of the most, if not the single most, overrated death metal bands of all time.

Their early material is rendered useless by the existence of Possessed, Massacre, Master, etc.

Cynic's demo work made albums like Human irrelevant, and anything after that is absolute horseshit.

I heard a cut from Torture and it sounded fucking legit. I might pick it up. I think a lot of the material with Fisher is fucking weak as shit, but Kill was pretty solid and this sounds like it has promise.

Their early material is rendered useless by the existence of Possessed, Massacre, Master, etc.

:lol:

while your whole post was pretty lol-worthy, that right there has got to be one the fucking dumbest things iv ever heard.

and cmon now , i know you can think of a shit load of more bands to include up there on your "rendered early Death useless" list of yours .... :lol:

... stick to your paramount or whatever the hell they're called, son.

edit: Torture is solid, one of their best recent efforts IMO ... im giving it a lot more spins than i thought i would.

while your whole post was pretty lol-worthy, that right there has got to be one the fucking dumbest things iv ever heard.

and cmon now , i know you can think of a shit load of more bands to include up there on your "rendered early Death useless" list of yours .... :lol:

edit: Torture is solid, one of their best recent efforts IMO ... im giving it a lot more spins than i thought i would.

I rendered most of his opinions on metal irrelevant when he mentioned that he liked No Doubt.

Their early material is rendered useless by the existence of... Massacre...

wat. Granted, I haven't really heard any of Massacre's demo stuff, but From Beyond was no more extreme (and certainly no better) than Scream Bloody Gore and Leprosy.

EDIT: Spiritual Healing is shit though. That style of OSDM, along with Cause of Death and others, is practically the whiffle thrash of death metal. It's not death/thrash or death 'n roll or anything other/less than death metal, but it's so by-the-numbers, safe, and passionless that it's painful.

Krow thinking that every death metal re-issue from the early 90s is a classic must-have, shit needs a reality check around here.

Eat my dick. :)

Edit: I honestly just love pretty much everything from 89 to ~95 in death metal. I know there's other guys here that are the same way. The reissues dont get any recognition on the metal 2012 thread so I post them here. I assume Der Menstruation is just trolling, but if you guys would like me to stop, I will.

You post stuff that everyone has heard 5 years ago. I don't really give a shit to be honest, but whatever.

Edit: I honestly just love pretty much everything from 89 to ~95 in death metal. I know there's other guys here that are the same way. The reissues dont get any recognition on the metal 2012 thread so I post them here. I assume Der Menstruation is just trolling, but if you guys would like me to stop, I will.

nothing wrong with posting it here. Always looking for gems that i might not have heard of .... or picking up albums that i dont have original copies of.

And because I'm particularly excited for this one, Nunslaughter's first album Hell's Unholy Fire has just seen reissue on Hell's Headbangers. (and yes, DD it comes with bonus material but on a seperate disc and no, it's not remastered) I remember several guys here saying they have Hex and Goat... This one is far above those two and I like them. (especially Goat)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yD0iV7KveE&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a difference between posting about reissues and acting like they're top 10 of their genre quality releases. Pretty sure that's the issue.

Krow's on my short list of posters whose album recommendations I always give a good look. I've found loads of awesome shit through him/her.

Post what you want. You have some addiction to buying every fucking album that comes out anyways so if you need to vindicate your purchasing habits online, then feel free. You're exactly the type of customer these labels doing these reissues are targeting with all these lame bullshit releases. Make up a press release that references terms like 'classic', 'unsung', 'groundbreaking', 'genre-defining', '1st wave', dress it up by referencing actual classic albums released at the same time, and then profit. Keeping dipshits like Billy Nocera in business. Way to go.

Oh, and I prefer DERP Morgenstern, thanks.

Edit:

There's a difference between posting about reissues and acting like they're top 10 of their genre quality releases. Pretty sure that's the issue.

Hammer, meet head of nail.

Yeah, I can think of more - Sadistic Execution, Sepultura, Insanity, Hellwitch, etc. I could continue to name bands, but see no reason to. Your opinion on Death won't change, mine won't change.

I rendered most of his opinions on metal irrelevant when he mentioned that he liked No Doubt.

Liking a non-metal band has no weight on my metal opinions bud.

Post what you want. You have some addiction to buying every fucking album that comes out anyways so if you need to vindicate your purchasing habits online, then feel free. You're exactly the type of customer these labels doing these reissues are targeting with all these lame bullshit releases. Make up a press release that references terms like 'classic', 'unsung', 'groundbreaking', 'genre-defining', '1st wave', dress it up by referencing actual classic albums released at the same time, and then profit. Keeping dipshits like Billy Nocera in business. Way to go.

Oh, and I prefer DERP Morgenstern, thanks.

Edit:

Hammer, meet head of nail.

Am I supposed to just say... hey guys... this album is being reissued... and uhm. yeah.
Doesnt sell it very well.

It's weird you bring up Razorback by the way, out of all the releases they've done and the 12 years they've been a label, I count three reissues.

I remember reading about how Billy had this phase where he hated old school Death Metal. Despite that I do enjoy a decent ammount of Razorback releases. Impetigo,Decrepitaph,Hooded Menace,Revolting,Ghoul,Lord Gore, the Blizaro cd was pretty cool.

TheNightsBane said:
They are easily one of top 3 death metal bands of all time, and for me they're firmly planted at the top spot ... and their whole catalogue is amazing, only a few bands can even come close to having a discography like theirs.

I actually agree with the last part of your post, only because most bands who release an album as good as Scream Bloody Gore won't release an album as bad as The Sound of Perseverance.