Death Metal

^ I know it's just me. Everyone else seems to love those albums. I guess I'm weird. :(

^ I know it's just me. Everyone else seems to love those albums. I guess I'm weird. :(

DF's signature sound is also its problem. They don't have much "depth" to the sound, no matter how loud it gets. There's no "wall" there so much as a staccato barrage of notes. Despised Icon had the same problem, although they weren't nearly as good.

DF is a great "cruising" band, but horrible for sitting and letting it sink in.

BTW, can anyone here suggest "epic" death metal types? I'm talking bands like Funerus or Wretched, where the songs all feel "big" without being in the melodeath vein.

DF's signature sound is also its problem. They don't have much "depth" to the sound, no matter how loud it gets. There's no "wall" there so much as a staccato barrage of notes. Despised Icon had the same problem, although they weren't nearly as good.

DF is a great "cruising" band, but horrible for sitting and letting it sink in.

BTW, can anyone here suggest "epic" death metal types? I'm talking bands like Funerus or Wretched, where the songs all feel "big" without being in the melodeath vein.

You might check out Vengeful. The Omnipresent Curse is great and their recent self-titled is a double-album of all new material. The 2nd album contains several longer, epic songs. Malice is my favorite on the album.

Vengeful band info: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Vengeful/66205

Forsaken off The Omnipresent Curse:
http://youtu.be/n3uwKxVXk4I

Malice off of Vengeful:
http://youtu.be/LpMWneCi_nk

Another one you might try is:

Mitochondrion - Parasignosis (2011)

You guys see the new sample from Necrovation? Just off that one track I heard, total garbage! Another one-and-done solid death metal band I think..

You guys see the new sample from Necrovation? Just off that one track I heard, total garbage! Another one-and-done solid death metal band I think..

Really? I like that track. It's a good thing they went on and tried forming their own, specific sound. The first album was brilliant but it was just a tribute to old style. This is way more interesting musically. I haven't heard the whole album yet but I'm pretty sure it will be one of the tops this year.

What exactly do you not like about the song?

Really? I like that track. It's a good thing they went on and tried forming their own, specific sound. The first album was brilliant but it was just a tribute to old style. This is way more interesting musically. I haven't heard the whole album yet but I'm pretty sure it will be one of the tops this year.

Agree, the new Necrovation is a winner

It's slow and lame...changing their styles this much is interesting to say the least and I don't even know to call it death metal anymore..feels like some sort of gay melodeath stuff

I didnt really love necrovations first album so maybe i should check this one out if they changed things up a bit.

Can anyone direct me towards some good Death Metal instrumentals? Atmospheric stuff like Abyssous by Morbid Angel and a lot of their other instrumentals.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys should try the new Necrovation album, it's great. Listen to the whole thing, take your time. It definitely gets better after a few spins, I really like it. Will make my 2012's best list.