Death Metal

Yeah, there have been a couple presses. That particular one was the most recent, and was done to support a Dead Congregation tour.

I can only find shitty bootleg footage so I don't know yet but the album cover and album title are about as unimaginative and boring as it gets. Self titled albums from bands that have been around for years are just evidence that they're running out of ideas or just don't give a fuck and are only still doing it for the paycheck. "Self titled" for a band that's 20 plus years into their career is basically translated into "we couldn't think of anything"

Cryptopsy-Cryptopsy.jpg

Looks like a faded tatoo on someone's ass.

^ Meh, its nothing amazing but its certainly superior to the above post. It's enjoyable enough. We will see about the rest of the album.

I don't really care for Cryptopsy at all beyond None So Vile, but I'm really liking the Red-Skinned Scapegoat song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, Drawn and Quartered released a new album, titled Feeding Hell's Furnace and no one noticed. Am I the only one that missed it?

I've pretty much lost faith in modern death metal. There's like, less than 5 bands I think truly have classic potential.

Hey, that isn't a statement I have seen nonstop for over a decade now...or essentially since there was some variety to the death metal genre.

Hence the OR in that sentence. The whining has been around since about 95.

But as your statement kind of emphasizes, it's the people that pigeonhole themselves into a couple different styling s as being the 'essential' or only ones worth a damn that end up whining about giving up on a genre. People that set up bars for what is 'plenty' or 'acceptable' ideas for a genre.

Hence the OR in that sentence. The whining has been around since about 95.

But as your statement kind of emphasizes, it's the people that pigeonhole themselves into a couple different styling s as being the 'essential' or only ones worth a damn that end up whining about giving up on a genre. People that set up bars for what is 'plenty' or 'acceptable' ideas for a genre.

I'm not even talking about styles here. What actually made me make that comment was all the new wave of old school death metal bands that are downright redundant 99% of the time. As far as this new tech death and slam death and prog death and such...I'm not really a huge fan. My point is that no matter what style you're into, they're all fucking stagnant now.