Death Metal

I've pretty much lost faith in modern death metal. There's like, less than 5 bands I think truly have classic potential.

I agree. Nothing can beat the old school shit. Same with this "second wave of thrash". It just isn't the same. What exactly is the Death Metal or Thrash Metal of this decade? There really isn't one...the new genres of metal coming out this decade are, in my opinion, pretty shitty. Deathcore is boring with the exception of a few bands like Despised Icon, and Metalcore isn't interesting. There's been nothing groundbreaking or exciting because Death, Thrash, and Black Metal set the foundation for most metal of today, so there isn't a lot of new metal genres that have great potential to create. Everything is already there.

While I agree, I will say that I'm not even asking for total creation. Just some slightly unique perspective more often would be nice. Dead Congregation, Inquisition, Demoncy, Teitanblood, and some others are offering good stuff, but, in the specific case of death metal, most of this current stuff just makes me want to turn it off halfway through and put on Onward To Golgotha.

While I agree, I will say that I'm not even asking for total creation. Just some slightly unique perspective more often would be nice. Dead Congregation, Inquisition, Demoncy, Teitanblood, and some others are offering good stuff, but, in the specific case of death metal, most of this current stuff just makes me want to turn it off halfway through and put on Onward To Golgotha.

:kickass: Exactly. Those exact bands are really the only ones I can stand as well.

Blah blah blah whine whine whine jesus fuck people complained at me for mentioning this was a weak year for death metal. I can only listen to the classics so many times and i become bored with them. New osdm and/or obscure stuff fill in the blanks in my attention span.

Immolation can do no wrong in my eyes, I'll gladly suck the sinister, throbbing cock of whatever they put out. Majesty was epic in every sense of the word, and I only had a couple listens to the EP, but, of course, loved what I did hear.

Desolate Shrine - The Sanctum of Human Darkness
1. Human Altar
2. Dreams Over the Angel-Serpent Tower
3. The Drowned Prince
4. ...Nine Forgotten Names
5. Old Man´s Visit
6. The Eminence of Chaos
7. The Desolate One
8. Sacred Ceremonial Light
376368_504148316267326_1830479568_n.jpg

New Desolate Shrine out soon on dark descent. Thundering Finnish death metal, if you havent heard their first full length.

So I just posted my first black/death metal song in the self promotions thread if any of you feel so kind as to check it out.

That Desolate Shrine looks really interesting, I'll have to check that out. I've been listening to quite a bit of Immolation lately, it's hard to go wrong. Mostly mid-newer stuff, but I still have to absorb a lot of their discography though.