Death Metal

On the topic of actual death metal: Sample from the upcoming Vorum album.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is interested in a great newer more old school Melodic Death Metal album check out the new Evocation 'Illusions of Grandeur'. Despite the bad reviews on Metal-Archives it is a great cd. And I feel it is better than the previous effort Apocalyptic. 'Illusions of Grandeur' has great production and it does not go into the clicky overly digital modern sound that is plaguing the metal genre.

Try Septicflesh or Empyrean

This is the answer.

Also try Communion or The Great Mass for Septicflesh. Their older albums are better if you're more into death metal, but those two will be easier for someone who likes wintersun, I think. (No offense intended)

This is the answer.

Also try Communion or The Great Mass for Septicflesh. Their older albums are better if you're more into death metal, but those two will be easier for someone who likes wintersun, I think. (No offense intended)

Also check out Mirrorthrone, Enslaved, Opeth and Edge Of Sanity.

Anyone else like Evocation ?. I have not really come across much opinion wise on the band. It seems like listeners are really into the band based on first listening or others just does not listen to the band at all.

Incantation - Diabolical Conquest LP now available for order on HHR

HELLS087.jpg

http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/item.asp?PID=26962

"GORGUTS Signs With SEASON OF MIST - Feb. 5, 2013

Canadian technical death metallers GORGUTS have inked a deal with Season Of Mist. The band's fifth studio album will be released later this year.

"It is with great joy that I announce the return of GORGUTS to Season of Mist!" says GORGUTS guitarist/vocalist Luc Lemay.

"Things have not always been easy these last couple of years, but now it's all behind us and all I can say is that I'm more than eager to share this new record with all of you.

"Our forthcoming album will be a very detailed, dark, epic, emotional, conceptual record and Season Of Mist was my first choice to be the standard-bearer for this new GORGUTS opus and I must say that I am more than happy to work with them again.

"Stay tuned on the band's web sites for more updates and we'll soon hit the stage to share this new music with you! I can never thank each of you enough, our dedicated fans, for more than 20 years of support! Thanks to you!!"

GORGUTS' current lineup features genre heavyweights John Longstreth (drums; DIM MAK, ORIGIN, THE RED CHORD, SKINLESS, POSSESSION, ANGELCORPSE), Colin Marston (bass; DYSRHYTHMIA, BEHOLD... THE ARCTOPUS, BYLA, KRALLICE, INDRICOTHERE) and Kevin Hufnagel (guitar; DYSRHYTHMIA, WHILE HEAVEN WEPT, BYLA, EUCLID STREET, THE FIFTH SEASON, GREY DIVISION BLUE) alongside Luc Lemay.

War On Music Records in 2011 released on vinyl the GORGUTS albums "From Wisdom To Hate" (2001) and "Obscura" (1998). These records were largely regarded as pioneering works in the technical death metal genre, and set the standard for the decade to follow.

GORGUTS' current lineup is as follows:

* Luc Lemay (NEGATIVA) - Vocals, Guitar
* Kevin Hufnagel (DYSRHYTHMIA, WHILE HEAVEN WEPT, BYLA, EUCLID STREET, THE FIFTH SEASON, GREY DIVISION BLUE) - Guitar
* Colin Marston (DYSRHYTHMIA, BEHOLD... THE ARCTOPUS, BYLA, KRALLICE, INDRICOTHERE) - Bass
* John Longstreth (DIM MAK, ORIGIN, THE RED CHORD, SKINLESS, POSSESSION, ANGELCORPSE) – Drums"