Death Metal

Can anyone recommend some good Technical Death Metal to me? I'm thinking about stuff similar to Wintersun. Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs5727QFhtw

Wintersun aren't technical death metal, they're more of a power metal band masquerading as melodic death metal.

Check out Dissection(melodic black metal), Necrophobic, Sacramentum and the first Amorphis album .... or maybe your looking for some power metal.

Yeah if he's looking for stuff like Wintersun I don't think Dissection and Necrophobic are gonna fit the bill, LOL.

I'd say more like Kalmah or Moonsorrow.

... forgot about Kalmah. You're right, they would be closer to what he's looking for, but he shoud just grow some balls and listen to the bands i mentioned instead.

... not that i'm saying Kalmah isn't awesome, but those bands are just much better(maybe minus Amorphis).

Can anyone recommend some good Technical Death Metal to me? I'm thinking about stuff similar to Wintersun. Thanks.

Cryptopsy- None So Vile
Psycroptic- Scepter of the Ancients
Suffocation- Pierced From Within
Demilich- Nespithe
Gorguts- Obscura
Gorod- Process of a New Decline
Lykathea Aflame- Elvenefris
Nile- Annihilation of the Wicked
Dying Fetus- Destroy the Opposition
Decapitated- Winds of Creation
Death- Symbolic
Atheist- Unquestionable Presence
Darkthrone- Soulside Journey
Necrophagist- Onset of Putrefaction
Monumental Torment- Element of Chaos
Origin- Origin
Pestilence- Spheres
Gory Blister- Skymorphosis
Nocturnus- The Key
Spawn of Possession- Cabinet

Cryptopsy- None So Vile
Psycroptic- Scepter of the Ancients
Suffocation- Pierced From Within
Demilich- Nespithe
Gorguts- Obscura
Gorod- Process of a New Decline
Lykathea Aflame- Elvenefris
Nile- Annihilation of the Wicked
Dying Fetus- Destroy the Opposition
Decapitated- Winds of Creation
Death- Symbolic
Atheist- Unquestionable Presence
Darkthrone- Soulside Journey
Necrophagist- Onset of Putrefaction
Monumental Torment- Element of Chaos
Origin- Origin
Pestilence- Spheres
Gory Blister- Skymorphosis
Nocturnus- The Key
Spawn of Possession- Cabinet

Again, guys. The dude just misidentified. He wants Wintersun-style metal, not tech death. Giving a Wintersun fan Cryptopsy is like someone saying "I like a good scotch, like Jameson" and so you give them a bottle of Laphroaig. Go with the reference point, not the misidentification.

If we wanna get the guy moving towards real tech death, maybe nudge him along via bands like Kalmah, don't just throw goddamn Origin at him.

^ Do you really think anyone here thought he ment tech-death after posting a video of Wintersun? :erk: cmon now mayn

Anyway, he should just check out the bands i mentioned and he'll be good.

edit: ... i'd also add that it's more along the lines of going in a wine bar and asking them if they have any Scotch similar the sauvignon he just had.

Again, guys. The dude just misidentified. He wants Wintersun-style metal, not tech death. Giving a Wintersun fan Cryptopsy is like someone saying "I like a good scotch, like Jameson" and so you give them a bottle of Laphroaig. Go with the reference point, not the misidentification.

If we wanna get the guy moving towards real tech death, maybe nudge him along via bands like Kalmah, don't just throw goddamn Origin at him.
I did regular tech death because bands that sound like Wintersun suck.

My affinity for phalluses in my colon notwithstanding, I figured scotch vs Irish whiskey was one of those things laypeople could get backwards but people actually into the drinks would find unbelievable anyone could get mixed up. Maybe that's what I get for working in bars for a long time, but whatever.

I recommend what I want you to like not what you were talking about. Yep that's about standard. Wintersun guy might be interested in Blood Stain Child.

No one should ever be recommended Artery Eruption under any fucking circumstance. Easily one of the worst bdm bands (maybe metal period) in existence... and that's scary.

Well thanks for all the recommendations, I'll be busy on Bittorent for a while for sure. I'm pretty sure I've been told more than once that Wintersun are technical Death Metal, but maybe I was misinformed. I love the melding of brutal and epic elements in their music, it's really fast amd complex and I thought those were the requirements for technical Death Metal, but maybe I was wrong...