Death Metal

Why? What is so important about vocals in death metal that means the music becomes pointless without them? There's so many generic growlers these days that add absolutely nothing to the music and seem to be only there because they feel they need to have vocals.

Corchado's vocals have been on the decline, with Farseeing featuring his worst performance yet so it makes sense to make an instrumental album rather than putting in a mediocre vocal performance just for the sake of it.

They also could have hired a new vocalist.

Getting another member of a band can often cause issues. It could be a long process trying to get someone who fits with the band and has the same musical vision. Probably not worth the hassle.

Besides, this might not even be a death metal release. His other band, Acerus, is straight up heavy metal so maybe that's the direction The Chasm will take.

Reactions: CiG
Been meaning to hear that Epykrosis, saw they'll be playing Death Over Venice. Good fest, run by a good dude. What do they sound like? I really dig the art, looks bloated and rotting, exactly how I like it.

I'm a little miffed with the presentation. The art looks weird as a vinyl and on both versions it's zoomed and some is missing.

To celebrate the impending LP/CD release of Oksennus's sophomore album Sokea idiootti, we are giving away a limited amount of download codes for the album. Bizarre Metal of Death for true maniacs.

The LP and CD will be released by Bestial Burst on April 15th 2017. The tape version was released by Caligari Records in September 2016 (now sold out from the label but it should still be available from some distros).

Choose a code:
896t-ekxe
2333-78m3
u6x3-yt8f
vzcm-7n7m
7tjf-vjq6
mugx-gggy
95kh-uunf
zrzp-evvm
3v2g-b8tg
5gmy-wfuu
gtrz-hajq
2nmn-vb8t
a58v-6c77

Use the code at:
https://oksennus.bandcamp.com/yum

Download Sokea idiootti for free and please post the code you redeemed in this thread so other people needn't bother to try and redeem the same code. Enjoy.

Reactions: morguelord