Death Metal

Are you referring to my request for recommendations or just naming random bands for discussion?

Last edited:
Heard the first track they premiered and fucking HATED it. Haven't bothered to hear anything besides that, besides live, and then every time they played something new, it sounded so weak and bland I just went outside and smoked.

an amendment since last time i looked at arghoslent's official site:

Pogrom and Holocausto are working on new music and lyrics, and have been for a few years. The band will enter the studio once the time is right (quality material & logistics).
-- CORRECTION: The band has decided not to write new music since it is "merely a collection of riffs and heavy metal wank".

Reactions: Phylactery
I thought you might be updating us on the new The Chasm and got all excited!

That's pretty hilarious though haha.

Btw, I listened to a few tracks from that Gorephobia you mentioned and I like the varied vocal attack and the trem riffing. Not sure if I like it more than some of the more well known death metal from that year yet, will have to give the full thing more listens. You do seem to have very selective taste in death metal though. I mean don't you dislike a huge chunk of the Swedish stuff and anything with a similar production style?

dislike is too strong a word for the most part but yeah, not my preferred style, just too sterile-sounding, groove-laden and sometimes kind of unsubtle. i'm also not *that* big on incantation although i find that harder to explain, and that's probably a bigger problem when trying to embrace bands from the end of last decade. i do really like some stuff on your list though. all shall be revealed...

i'm sure the mainstream mags will lap up the perceived innovation and ambition of it all, whether that'll translate to popularity i'm not sure. FARSEEING was half instrumental and was probably their biggest success yet, though, not to mention their instrumentals have been some of their most beloved tunes in the past.

And out of curiosity, what are mainstream metal magazines? The only way i can get a metal magazines is by subscription. I havent seen one at the any of the stores out here in over 15 years.

Maybe they're still big in the UK? magazines overall are dying out over here.

dislike is too strong a word for the most part but yeah, not my preferred style, just too sterile-sounding, groove-laden and sometimes kind of unsubtle. i'm also not *that* big on incantation although i find that harder to explain, and that's probably a bigger problem when trying to embrace bands from the end of last decade. i do really like some stuff on your list though. all shall be revealed...

Yeah, I was going to say that you also don't seem huge on the Incantation sound. To be honest, I'm not that big on a lot of it, but the ones I like I tend to really like. For example, that Grave Miasma EP. It just nails the production and aesthetic and it comes across like they know what they're doing, rather than just aping their influences. It also has those colossal doomy riffs that are just crushing.