Death Metal

Sepsism is sick, I wish they would do more stuff. That Undercroft is pretty rad too, I think that album was reissued recently or something too. Great stuff CiG.

Reactions: CiG
Came across this on Bandcamp's newest uploads this morning. Peruvian death metal, apparently originally released back in 2011 on tape. Looks like the label is eventually pressing some CDs.

Older Deicide was pretty good, seen them live at this place in upstate NY called saratoga winners years ago, along time ago, death metal,hardcore,punk bands,grindcore whatever played there, but it was shut down, regardless that old school shit is good, have a few friends that use to go down there for shows years ago, bands use to tear that shit up.

Older Deicide was pretty good, seen them live at this place in upstate NY called saratoga winners years ago, along time ago, death metal,hardcore,punk bands,grindcore whatever played there, but it was shut down, regardless that old school shit is good, have a few friends that use to go down there for shows years ago, bands use to tear that shit up.
I went there frequently back in the day, live just a little bit south. Place mysteriously burned down right after being bought by new owners awhile back.

@CiG can't say I've heard of that. I've never really been into Psycroptic very much though, so that would make sense. I know their earlier stuff is great, I've just never really dug into them before, don't own any albums yet. I'll have to check that out soon!

New HE song was alright, just nothing fantastic; nothing about it really jumped out and grabbed me, but I'm still going to buy the album, Hate Eternal is one of my favorite bands, I have everything else they've done on CD.

Psycroptic's first and arguably their second albums are worth checking out at least once. I might be nationalistically biased but I think their debut is pretty top-tier.

This surprised me for some reason with all the brutal stuff you like. I thought Infernus was decent.

How's that? Hate Eternal was one of the sickest, fastest bands on the planet when Conquering the Throne came out in '99, though I'm more partial to King of all Kings. That style is probably one of my favorites, and my own band is very heavily inspired by HE along with Internecine (Jared Anderson solo project that I actually like even MORE than Hate Eternal), Rebaelliun, Krisiun, etc.

I'll be sure to check more into early Psycroptic. I know their new stuff is bland crap, total shocker. I used to talk to Chalky about death metal on Facebook all the time, but I haven't seen him around lately.

Well fuck, I guess I sort WAS lol. A buddy and I were working on music in that vein of constant blasting, Brazilian styled DM there for a while, had a few pieces of songs strung together. We had Dan Osborne from Inherit Disease/New Standard Elite on drums too, but he moved to fucking Washington, so now I'm out a drummer. I guess the band still exists, it's just that both my buddy and I have been so busy, we haven't jammed in like 2 months or more. I haven't picked up a guitar on my own in just as long, and honestly I've been on a bit of a hiatus from death metal for the past few weeks, for the most part. One of these days, I'll get back to it.

Will for sure man. Yeah I've been listening primarily to 90s rap (with some new-ish stuff as well) and honestly some select indie one of my buddies has been getting me into, which is weird for me. Hahaha