Death Metal

I never buy digital. If I wanted a digital copy, I'd just steal it. If I want to listen to something, I buy the CD, at least when it comes to death metal. I'm actually planning on getting a longsleeve/CD combo on friday once I get paid. DD is having a sale right now, so I'll probably pick up a couple more CDs while I'm there.

I don't buy many physical releases anymore unless it's something that blows my bollocks off

Same. If I buy now it's to rebuy something I sold off years ago or to fill gaps in collections of favorite bands. I haven't bought any new vinyl in a year I think.

The only music related type stuff i need now are longsleeves which I am lacking. I found a Nile one on sale an an Obituary one and now I have like 6 but it's still not enough for how long fall and winter are (or seem) here

I mostly buy digital because I figure at least the band is directly (in most cases) getting the money, it's permanently stored on my Bandcamp account and I can use that to keep track of what I eventually want to buy a physical copy of. I still buy CDs of things I really want but I feel digital purchases are a good compromise for someone who doesn't have the space or desire to spend retarded amounts of money on shipping but also doesn't want to be a rip-off cunt.

Reactions: The Ozzman
I mostly buy digital because I figure at least the band is directly (in most cases) getting the money, it's permanently stored on my Bandcamp account and I can use that to keep track of what I eventually want to buy a physical copy of. I still buy CDs of things I really want but I feel digital purchases are a good compromise for someone who doesn't have the space or desire to spend retarded amounts of money on shipping but also doesn't want to be a rip-off cunt.

That's fair. Ideally I would like physical copies of everything I like but it is not possible.

I’m still buying everything I want within reason. Advantages of not reproducing and whatnot. I’ve been buying a lot of used stuff lately on discogs.

Yeah used stuff is usually the best way to go. Lately I've been waiting until the end of every year before I buy anything physical so I have lists of shit that are tried and true and worth buying. Shipping to Australia is probably the biggest killer for me though.

Brian Baxter is such a cool fucking dude. Dude is seriously a giant in the underground and people don't realize it. He's played in so many bands it's not even funny, ran a label, and ran the old Ohio Deathfests, which is the whole reason MDF exists today. Super nice guy, too, all those Ohio dudes are. And speaking of Regurg, I have a Tales... longsleeve coming in the mail eventually. What a fucking sick album that is! I'm hoping they play Vegas instead of just MDF like they have slated so far. I have zero intentions of going to that.

Reactions: CiG
On a more relevant note, I went and saw Masacre (the Colombian one) and Viogression in Chicago this past weekend. Pretty sick show,, didn't get as much merch as I wanted though. Anyway, I remember someone telling me both of these bands sounded like Demilich, so I decided to check them out on my way home and I was definitely not disappointed. Really neat stuff!!

Reactions: CiG