Death Metal

Opeth are simply a progressive metal band that occasionally use death metal vocals. Every other musical aspect about the band is clearly not death metal related. It really isn't too hard to distinguish this if you know or are even slightly familiar with death metal.

But they're off topic here. You don't talk about Dimmu Borgir in the power metal thread, do you? Opeth gets enough discussion all over the universe anyway.

Recommend me some fucking awesome, grandiose, majestic death metal that has a bit of melody, maybe something like Cemetary - An Evil Shade of Grey or Caducity - Whirler of Fate.

In-Quest - Extrusion: Battlehymns
In-Quest - Operation: Citadel
Deathevokation seconded.

yeah i know...and i DID already explain myself...so fuck off and stop badgering me about saying the word Opeth in the Death Metal thread

You explaining yourself isn't relevant. This is a discussion about DEATH METAL hence why talking about Opeth is off-topic.

indeed, good band but not a death metal band in any sense other than the vocals

in other news, benighted's latest- thoughts?

I heard one song from this album recently, and it was pretty good. Even though, they shouldnt be considered death metal anymore, more like death and roll.

as far as I'm concerned, its still death metal in a sense. I mean Left Hand Path pretty much annihilates most death metal coming out these days. they are exceptions, of course.

AWESOME album...I own it on tape. Great story involving it: my iPod-to-car-tape-player thing was broken at the time so the only music I could listen to driving around to take pictures before prom (and then to the prom itself) with my girlfriend was Luck Of The Corpse (and other tapes, but that was mainly the one we listened to). I don't think I'll ever forget that!

Yeah I've got it on tape too, I've been listening to it non stop to and from work.