Death Metal

Lol at the difference between "favourites" and "essential classics" being "pointless." The two are drastically different concepts. For example, cookiecutter would totally fail at giving the recommendations that Zephyrus evidently had in mind.
I agree. You will never see me try to make an essential death metal classics list

anyone heard of
annotations of an autopsy or embryonic devourment both good.

edit:waking the cadaver is good too.
All kinda lame deathcore bands iirc. Also I am skeptical of any bands who use the words Devourment or Disgorge in their name (besides the originals obviously)

Waking The Cadaver sound exactly like devourment. I say take the discussion to the brutal death metal thread.

I heard one song from this album recently, and it was pretty good. Even though, they shouldnt be considered death metal anymore, more like death and roll.

Serpent Saints is indeed an old school death metal album that is also heavily thrash influenced, sure there is rock influences, but what metal albums are not influenced by rock and roll, serpent saints is the first death metal album from Entombed since Clandestine. I'm not saying the album sounds like Left Hand Path or Clandestine it's just an old school death metal album certain and you can hear influences from bands like necrophobic,unanimated,morbid angel and possessed to say even thrash like slayer and destruction. 'Mourning Star' was a a thrash album and more infleunced by punk/hardcore . All Entombed is influenced by punk,etc.. but with serpent saints the death metal influences outweigh all the other influences. The new drummer is fucking awesome also. Wolverine Blues is death an roll.

Yeah, I think the influences are pretty cool though. Speaking of Death'N'Roll, Wolverine Blues never fails to kick my ass.

Re: Vital Remains, I've only heard Dechristianize and I thought it was horrible. I mean, I like the intro/title track, its catchy and brutally evil, but other than that it'ss a 40 minute bore fest of the same stuff being recycled in less catchy ways. I'm annoyed I bought the album - ps: if anyone wants to buy it off me, pm me.