Death Metal

I almost prefere Finland death metal to sweden sometimes, but listen to more swedish death metal because some quality death metal albums are still coming out that are just as good as classics keeping me involved where as far as I know nothing old school is coming out of finland. I can think of Chaosbreed -brutal which is a modern death metal album old school style.

you have

Amorphis ~ the karelian isthmus
Sentenced ~ shadows of the past,north from here
Demigod ~ slumber of sullen eyes
Funebre ~ children of the scorn. I want the original.

I do wish more old school death metal came out of finland during the early 90's up there with these albums.

Also, ADRAMELECH!

Bloodbath are a very likable group who, by semi-jokingly mimicking the formula of old school dm, have made some quality dm of their own. Nothing revolutionary, but fun listening IMO.

also, here is a much weirder bear-themed album cover:

107031291_c015acf0ee_o.jpg

Also, ADRAMELECH!

yeah

Psychostasia is classic. Adramelech after this album is really generic and the last album they released was especially awfui. I guess Pure Blood Doom is alright.

Note* Master sucks.

What is Funebre's Children of the Scorn like, could anyone give me a description of the sound? Also, I hear the album has horrible production, is this true?

Children of The Scorn production wise is not bad and easy to get use it and was not recorded at Tico Tico or Sunlight so probably a really unknown studio in finland and the results are not bad really. It's just weird heavy/sludgy/doomy old school death metal with very low vocals. I consider COTC thee ultimate sleazy disgusting death metal album. I would say the producion is strange at first, but still heavy loud and clear.

outlandish and unorthodox old school death metal

finnish death metal like usual is more strange than any death metal.

I am currently listening to Excrement's Scorched. This is some killer stuff. It somehow manages to be both dark and melodic in that underscored Demigod sort of way. :headbang:

How would one describe the vocal style of Sulaco?

also, Animosity - Animal is quite awesome; highly technical, non-annoying deathcore with no breakdowns, rather odd song structures, top-notch drumming (they have Sleep Terror's drummer)...very atypical for the style.

http://www.myspace.com/animositysf

my friend Greg says Necrophobic rules, which Necrophobic albums should I pick up?

also, I know Death Delirium is a fan, but who else here likes Sentenced?