Death Metal

Like an Everflwoing Stream is certainly one of the best Swedish Death Metal albums ever recorded. I'm still of the opinion that the honor goes to Therion's Beyond Sanctorum, though.

You really need to get educated on the subject of Finnish Death Metal.

Start here:

Cartilage, Demilich, Belial, Mordicus, Funebre, Convulse, Disgrace, Depravity, Excrement, Mythos, Purtenance, Adramelech, Vomiturition, Necropsy, Abhorrence.

Thank me later.

I've heard Demilich, forgot about them, Nespithe is a good album. Convulse are alright, the others I haven't heard but I'll check them out.

I don't know if it's been done before, but there should be a death metal band with an album cover with a pissed off bear on it. Not some skeleton bear something, but a bear like a kodiak or grizzly or something.:lol: I always thought it would be cool, if not, i'll try to make a demo with a bear on the cover.:kickass:

2363.jpg

I don't know, Ive always thought that 'Like an Everflowing Stream' is an amazing album, but I think 'Indecent and Obscene' is better. More brutal IMO.

I almost prefere Finland death metal to sweden sometimes, but listen to more swedish death metal because some quality death metal albums are still coming out that are just as good as classics keeping me involved where as far as I know nothing old school is coming out of finland. I can think of Chaosbreed -brutal which is a modern death metal album old school style.

you have

Amorphis ~ the karelian isthmus
Sentenced ~ shadows of the past,north from here
Demigod ~ slumber of sullen eyes
Funebre ~ children of the scorn. I want the original.

I do wish more old school death metal came out of finland during the early 90's up there with these albums.

I wouldn't say as good, but bands like Nominon and Tribulation have been showcasing the argument that the last chapter in Swedish Death Metal has yet to be written. They are certainly worthy of the legacy.

What modern Swedish dm albums are as good as the classics? I don't think even Bloodbath or Demiurg measure up to the old school Stockholm stuff (God Macabre, Carnage, Entombed, Dismember, etc.).

I would not say Demiurg. Bloodbath-resurrection through carnage and nightmares made flesh,Nominon-recremation, and Evocation-tales from the tomb are just as good as any early 90's swedish classic and these bands while being 100% old school still have their own twist on things so it's not pointless and are bands that will release solid death metal ablum over the next 5,10 years in a dying genre. I probably have spun Bloodbath-resurrection through carnage more than any swedish death metal album or death metal album besides maybe Amorphis-the karelian isthmus. Nominon, Bloodbath really impress me and are impressive musicians clever and classy yet play death metal having great style having the right influences and twist and warp them. Bloodbath are very hypnotic dimensional and trance like and unlike a lot of death metal bands are not rough and ridged having flow and momentum and you can really get into it. A lot of death metal band are one dimentional choppy and have two guitarists doing the samething for 45 minutes with little ideas and do not have a wide range of influences. Blakkheim and Dan Swanö can write old school death metal remaining death metal in the context and can still show off and are very classy and impressive musicians and regardless their intent are still flashy. Dan Swanö's work in bloodbath might be more simplistic than say Nightengale, but he's able to still demenstrate he is a very good guitarist just based on his choice of notes riffs concepts and general feeling and is easily one of the best guitarist to write and play death metal and crafts songs perfect. So You Die,Cry My Name, and The Soulcollector are some of the best death metal songs i've heard and are classic just like Entombed-left hand path and dismember-Override Of The Overture or any death metal song.

I'm really obsessed with Bloodbath! ... christ