Death Metal

I never fall victim to reunion tours and old bands new albums. I can't even think of a case when they were worthwhile.

I know I'm definitely a part of the minority, but I really have high hopes for this. While "Consuming Impulse" is easily Pestilence's best, I am a big fan of "Spheres" as well.

/awaits flaming.

Life Sucks said:
Malleus Malificarum (sp)is their best IMO.

So you think Consuming Impulse is their best, eh. I sampled a few songs from that album and I remember liking it. I only have Malleus Malificarum (Re-released version including their 2 early demos) by the band and I loved it and I thought it was intense. I wonder how do you all feel about their earlier demos "Dysentary" and "The Penance"?

If their later work is Cynic-like Progressive Death Metal, I wouldnt really care for it.

I disagree, I thought Souls to Deny was pretty good and it had its moments. I dont have their recent self-titled release but I loved the songs "Abomination Reborn" and "Creed of the Infidel. So, cookiecutter, is the whole album like the 2 songs I just mentioned?

Just bought Wastelands by Hacksaw to the Throat. Does anybody here listen to them? Kinda like Opeth but even awesomer, IMO.