Death Metal

Hooded Menace - Never Cross the Dead LP - 2 versions now available at Doomentia.

http://www.doomentia.com/distro.html

90f8f9d73ca2364f782e810dae9e0b29.jpg

95dcb7a27caf9659219f86ad7fd6948d.jpg

Just saw The Grotesquery released a new album. Why they fuck are their releases so hard to find in the US?

Just ordered a copy of the new one at Season of Mist (France). Apparently the Cyclone Empire releases are not well distributed in the US. They are also nearly impossible to find down here. Have and enjoy the first one, blind bought the new one.

Never Cross The Dead was good, but I feel Fulfill The Curse was better. Grasp of the beastwoman has to be one of my favorite doom/death songs.

Mother of fucking tits.
Deathgasm records has just reissued
Cianide - The Dying Truth
on cd.

http://www.deathgasm.com/
Re-issue of this death/doom classic from 1992 with its original intended track order and "Funeral" (Demo 1990) and "Second Life" (Demo 1991) tracks as bonus.

I am so happy to see this Cianide stuff seeing the light of day again. They are easily one of my favorite death metal bands. I really feel like HHR brought the band back to life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Necrovation -breed deadness blood is not particularly good. I've given it a decent ammount of listens and it just never clicked. I've bought and sold a decent ammount of cds, but I'd rather just track down the original of an album even if it costs me 35,50 bucks. It's just a lot cooler when am original album shows up in your mail than some shitty reissue. And I've stated hate reissues. Not even sure why bring it up. I love the way just about any old school DM cd I enjoy sounds as is. Only Death Metal cd I feel like needs to be remastered. And I mean remixed completely is Edge of Sanity 'nothing but death remains. Cd has volume drops and songs with different volume. Not sure how shit gets out of a studio with the production flaws it has. If a cd has good organic natural sound why remaster it. Old School Death Metal albums sound excellent to me. Unleashed -shadows in the deep for example.

Side note. Modern Extreme music is so digital and compressed. Just fucking awful. I don't even know how people can even listen to some of the shit these days.

ATG Slaughter of The Soul is a cool album and it's to bad the band did not follow it up. It's either a love hate thing with the album, but I feel like it deserves all the appreciation it gets.

Side note. Modern Extreme music is so digital and compressed. Just fucking awful. I don't even know how people can even listen to some of the shit these days.

Well said.

But then you have bands like Master or Asphyx, for example, who are recording one killer album after another. They use some modern approach and still manage to sound as organic as a signed band in 2012 is allowed to.

I remember how disappointed i got with the drum kick sound in Morbid Angel's 'Domination', which is a shame since the album has such great songs and performances. Until this day i haven't managed to listen to Napalm Death's 'Order of the Leech' in its entirety either.

Random observation that i've made in the past, but haven't said in awhile.

Holy fuck Spectral Mortuary is good / underrated.