Death Metal

Gimme some nasty death metal recommendations from the last few years (along the lines of Antediluvian, Mitochondrion, Pseudogod, Encoffination, Portal...You get the idea) cause Ive been completely out of the loop.

Saw Grave Upheaval put out a new LP. Thats about it. Any new shit I should be aware of?

Gimme some nasty death metal recommendations from the last few years (along the lines of Antediluvian, Mitochondrion, Pseudogod, Encoffination, Portal...You get the idea) cause Ive been completely out of the loop.

Saw Grave Upheaval put out a new LP. Thats about it. Any new shit I should be aware of?

Pretty mandatory:

Last edited:

A wild Kafka appears!

Sulphur Aeon

Pretty mandatory:

I still need this

Reactions: EspaDa
R-2677377-1296164868.jpeg.jpg

Stench of Decay - Where Death and Decay Reign

Crushing Finnish death metal in the vein of the old masters. The production on this absolutely rules.

Fucking hell, this crushes. I thought I'd checked out Stench of Decay before but it doesn't sound familiar to me. Seems this is actually a demo? It sounds fucking amazing, could easily be a proper full length!

The title track is ruthless.

Reactions: Phylactery
I got into death metal due to vhs tapes and amazon, so have only listened to the analog sounding old school shit from the 80's, early 90's, that shit is still wicked.

New Krisiun sounded decent upon first listen, just nothing really outstanding.

New Deicide is throwaway garbage.

On the prog/tech death side of things, both Beyond Creation and Irreversible Mechanism announced new albums yesterday. I like both bands, so that'll be nice to have.

Sucks about the Deicide album but tbh I haven't really been super impressed with anything past Serpents. Like Krow said, there are some good songs on the albums after that but I don't have the urge to even buy anymore Deicide albums unless it's an OP of OUTC.

Did you see that Lord of the Sick Recordings has reissued the first Goretrade album?

I did see that, glad to hear it, too. That's their best work, later stuff is too polished sounding. I love just about anything from Colombia, due largely to the pure rawness the scene exudes, so for Goretrade to go all clean and plastic-sounding always pissed me off.

On the subject of Colombian death metal, I saw Carnivore Diprosopus at Chicago Domination Fest over the weekend and it was sick as fuck. That's another band whose early shit I love, ugly and raw.

Last edited:
Another death metal tape that needs a proper CD reissue (luckily I have the tape but still):

Vocalist from Ferocity (jazz/death metal) was also on this killer fucking surgical death metal album: