Death Metal

^Of the ones I've heard Lamb of God, Between The Buried And Me, and Heaven Shall Burn are about the only Metalcore I didn't dislike.

I included Lamb of God because they're often referred to as Metalcore, I believe they're under the Post-Thrash subgenre as well, I could be wrong though.

Deathcore is incredibly boring. I had to review a promo for Catastrophic's Pathology of Murder, and it was utterly vapid.

yes, from the stuff ive heard its like wanna-be death metal that no matter how hard it tries still sounds like hatebreed.

How is it generic? Generic compared to what?

As in there are few bands in the genre that really stand out...for me it's The Red Chord and Glass Casket that stand out most.

^Of the ones I've heard Lamb of God, Between The Buried And Me, and Heaven Shall Burn are about the only Metalcore I didn't dislike.

Yeah BTBAM are amazing...also check out The End, Reflux, Oh Sleeper, Misery Signals, Fear Before The March Of Flames, and Architects.

How is it generic? Generic compared to what?

perhaps this was the wrong wording.I meant to say ( of the deathcore I have heard) that most of the bands all sound the same, and after a while it becomes quite bland and Generic(unto itself.

maybe something I should check out/would like, anybody?I dont like to be left in the dark or act like I know something about a genre I cleary do not.