Death Metal

I'm not sure I should get in on the Barnes-Fisher debate because it's been done, and you all know what I think. :p and Mr Thoth Amon will be murdered if it happens. :lol: :)

Both Barnes and Fisher are good in their era. Cannibal Corpse were and allways have been my favorite. will they be as good as they are now if Barnes were to stay with the band? doubt it.

I much prefer Barnes era CC over Fisher. I can't say no to an album like "Butchered at Birth" or "The Bleeding".

Why is old Vital Remains so much better than new Vital Remains?

Oh and I want the new Deeds of Flesh album, hope its out soon-ish.

What are we considering new VR?
Because I would say that something like Dechristianize kicks the shit out of something like Into Cold Darkness.

I don't have Dawn Of The Apocalypse but frankly there's nothing that kicks the shit out of dechristianize. Maybe something a little better but...

I think the logical line for old/new VR is Forever Underground.

I'd prefer Barnes still be in Cannibal Corpse, but we'd never have heard super fast growling like Pounded into Dust or the first part of Mummified in Barbed Wire. Still I'd take Barnes today over Fisher.

I really don't like fast growls. Growling is supposed to be menacing, and you can't be menacing when you're talking to fast. It's okay if you only growl fast sometimes but Corpsegrinder growls everything super fast and it's annoying.