Death Metal

I'm giving Kaamos' first album a spin again. The first time I listened to it, I dismissed it as a mesh of poo and crap and shit and a homogeneous. However, I realize I may have been wrong. It's actually a fair album that can keep my interest. And the bass is audible! Love that much at least. Thoughts?

I like it a lot. Lucifer Rising is better though.

"Wall of sound" is a relative term, I normally use it in a positive way, but I don't know about Origin. BTW, I was just listening to the new Pestilence song and my opinion is that it's pretty regular, like they were afraid to do something new, even in context with CI. It's not bad in any (other) way, but I wish the other songs will have at least some variability, my love for Pestilence will remain either way though.

@Onder: Yes it's relative, but I think it still works in a positive way for Origin. However, it does not work as well for Hate Eternal. I'm giving 'I, Monarch' a good thorough listen, and it's kinda dull. Non-stop fucking blasting is a bit much. And I agree about Pestilence. They don't have that same fire it seems. But, like you said, they still rule.

Who's that Dodens?

A band called Deathraid, containing members of Doomsword and related bands. This was supposedly from a 2000 demo [though the Doomsword website lists only a demo from 2002] that was limited to a small two digit figure. Iron Tyrant is going to release it on vinyl at some point this year hopefully. That's all I know about it.

It'll most likely be vinyl only, Iron Tyrant rarely does more than one format for any given release.

Best after 00-> is for sure the polish death metal bands, behemoth,hate,trauma,pyorrhoea,vader...on and on. bringing on the most ear fucking blast beatings and speediness of hell. Proud of the polish death metal scene.

Origin is indeed pretty awesome. Tho I'm not a huge tech death fan but they do rule. Their music is intense, heavy and got enough technicality to keep the songs interesting. Echoes Of Decimation is great but like you guys said Antithesis is even better. It's like Echoes, but taken a few levels faster, heavier and crushing.

And Poland indeed have got a pretty solid scene nowadays. Vader is really on the top of their game, Decapitated has put out pretty good albums lately. Behemoth is pretty meh. Haven't heard the others band ArneZ mentioned.