Death Metal

I've listened to everything by Immolation and don't particularly care for anything else other than Unholy Cult. Dawn of Possession is too dry, and the rest is pretty unmemorable.

As for the reason I really cherish Cadaver's In Pains, this thought had never crossed my mind before, but the fact is that the album is pretty upbeat compared to other OSDM, neither is it "crushing" or sludgy,or hyper-technical(I just don't really care for that stuff anymore) making it comforting to listen to.

I really wish someone could recommend me thrash metal in the vein of Cadaver. Someone on RYM suggested I check out Carnivore. Anything else?

COVER%20mias.jpg

i bought mine for $10 from suffering jesus.

it's good, but not great. seems that just because something is rare, it gets more praise than say, something that can be bought at best buy.

slumber of sullen eyes is amazing (the death metal bible in so many ways), in pains is impressive but alien to me, close to a world below is not very good (overwrought, heavy-handed) but dawn of possession is great 'infernal sludge.'

I have trouble deciding whether or not I find it overrated. The general sound of the album is absolutely crushing and what death metal SHOULD sound like but, I don't know, it does seem to drag towards the end.

If my house was burning down and I could save one single CD, it'd be Slumber of Sullen Eyes. It's the epitome of death metal. Intelligent, atmospheric, brilliantly structured and as others have stated, absolutely crushing and devastating. I've heard more than a few people say that it drags towards the end; I think it just keeps getting better. 'Towards the Shrouded Infinity' might be the best track on the album - the melodic section from 1:45 to the riff at 2:11 is metal perfection. As far as I'm concerned, it steamrolls and obliterates every other death metal album I've heard, and I've heard a lot. Timeless.