Death Metal

father_befouled.jpg

Father Befouled - Obscurus Nex Cultus

It's really amateur in nature due to the sloppy instrumental performances, but there's some really solid songwriting going on coupled with bizarre and genuinely blasphemous sampling in all the right places to make it a pretty dark listen.

I remember them being a kind of incantation meets autopsy hybrid... I might have to check it out again myself.

Can't dig up much samples from these artists, is checking out their full lengths worth it?

Dungortheb
Deathmarch
Draco Hypnalis

The first Draco Hypnalis album is awesome, weird, fantastical prog death with some of the weirdest flourishes in the history of the style. Their next album is a letdown, but still alright (bad production).

I think Claws-Absorbed in the Nethervoid was the best DM album of '09. Just the kind of doomy, old-school sound I want to hear in my death metal.

Luciferion kicked ass, I liked the stuff from The Apostate proper over the Demonification material though, it was pretty unique (groovy death metal with black and symphonic influences/sections).

Impetuous Ritual's debut, Relentless Execution Of Ceremonial Excrescence, is kicking my ass right now. Just the right amount of fucked up and sensible.

YES SIR!!!! Another bump, mentioned earlier.

*BUMP*

Edit: For some rason on youtube it cuts off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luciferion kicked ass, I liked the stuff from The Apostate proper over the Demonification material though, it was pretty unique (groovy death metal with black and symphonic influences/sections).

Those 5 proper songs from the Apostate were so fucking awesome. i wish they could have continued on and made more songs like these.