Death Metal

since the 2011 albums thread didn't get any replies: anyone listen to new Bastard Priest yet? new school Swedish death metal stuff. Nihilist/early Entombed meets some crust punk. for fans of Repugnant, Tribulation, etc.

oh, and props for the Revolting mention. i only have their newest, but it's pretty solid. Miasmal's newest was pretty good. and Acid Witch, but i guess that's more doom.

got my hands on the new Gigan album, it'll be my first experience with the band. dunno what to expect.

That Revolting album art is retarded looking lol. But the music kicks ass, so I can't complain. And wooooo! Nice to have you, man.

Cianide is brilliant, badass stuff. And Stillbourne, I just figured that maybe you would like some conversation with more people that know and love death metal, not a bunch of noobs that talk about Cradle of Filth and Children of Bodom constantly :lol:

New Entrails album on dark descent. Solid swedish stuff.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNYukzSBBxc&feature=related[/ame]

Verminous has a new one coming out. If you have not heard Impious Sacrilege check it.
Verminous+-+Impious+Sacrilege+(2003).jpg

Autopsy posting it on their fb reminded me- anyone dig Morbus Chron? somewhere between Autopsy and Nihilist/Entombed. from Sweden.

fucking awesome album art too imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Verminous stuff is pretty gnarly. I never "got" Mithras. Heard a few songs that were cool but that track someone posted just didn't click with me. However, I'm more of a straightforward kinda guy and they seem like the kind of band that you need to listen to a whole album to get the full experience.

It's just that progressive stuff ain't my cup of tea. I like what they do, they have some really cool riffs and ideas. But it's just not what I look for in death metal. I have to be in the right mood for it.

If you like really weird, disjointed (not necessarily in a bad way), proggy, atmospheric stuff, you'll dig it. But stuff like that, Portal, Gigan, etc. never stuck with me.

Autopsy posting it on their fb reminded me- anyone dig Morbus Chron? somewhere between Autopsy and Nihilist/Entombed. from Sweden.

fucking awesome album art too imo.

never had heard of them. great stuff.

Bastard Priest must know them very well...

thanks for the hint man

the only Death Metal I listen to is Death, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Obituary, Bolt Thrower, Possessed, Autopsy, and Cannibal Corpse. Im thinking of looking into more though

the only Death Metal I listen to is Death, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Obituary, Bolt Thrower, Possessed, Autopsy, and Cannibal Corpse. Im thinking of looking into more though

Good list of bands there. There's heaps of awesome DM available - check the band recommendations forum for some possible bands. I would suggest the 2 most recent Decrepit Birth albums.

I could never get heavily into Portal, but the show they put on looks amazing (from the youtube clips);

That song really sucks. Newer Portal (AKA Swarth and Outre') is really fucking something though. Their song "Werships" single handedly changed my opinion on them.

And yes, they are really cool live, if you can make out any sounds. They are REALLY loud.

Poseurtest: That's not a new album, it's a compilation of all of their non-album material.