Demo of Steven Slate Drums 3.5 with "Advanced AMG" mode..

35small.jpg

the new look

wow, didn't even know there were any boxes.
bought 2.0 and later 3.0 and both times I got an envelope with loose DVDs in it....looking forward to an actual box this time

I really hope this gets done by the end of next month.

Otherwise this hype is beyond annoying.

Slate (from the SSD forum) said:
Our new 3.5 drum system is going to be the best virtual drum instrument on the market. But in order to stand behind that statement, I need to ensure that it is true..

We've been working 15 hour days testing, retesting, enhancing the code and engine.. nonstop.

We are also awaiting NI to release the final K Player 3.5 build which should be done now since the most recent build 25, is the final release candidate.

But then we have to get EX installers, make our EX tutorial videos, and manufacture. This whole process may set the release to August 1st.

We should have the Platinum and LE 3.5 upgrades done at that time as well... and in mid august we will be selling new boxes of Platinum 3.5 and EX 3.5 with its expansions.

Please understand that all delays have been due to us having a strict determination to make this thing the BEST.

Steven

if I hype I apologize, its just very exciting to see all your hard work materialize in a product as good as 3.5... We had some really long delays due to NI not releasing their player update until last week.. now we are on schedule and will have things going shortly.

if I hype I apologize, its just very exciting to see all your hard work materialize in a product as good as 3.5... We had some really long delays due to NI not releasing their player update until last week.. now we are on schedule and will have things going shortly.

No need to apologize, you've proven your work is interesting already several times.

For me, quality is what matters, and Slate always delivers there. I'll be happy once I've got the update, but I'm also very happy with 3.0. I'm currently working on a 4 song EP for a band I'm producing using 3.0 at the moment and everyone is really happy about the drums so far!

Great news.

If you don't mind me asking Steven, will the samples on this one be cleaned up so there are no hidden/barely audible voices and such on the end? Seems to be a concern for some of the folk around here.

Most of that shit has been cleaned up on 3.0...update your stuff

Also its not like you could hear any of those voices in a Mix of distorted guitars and screaming . let's you know they are real lol

Great news.

If you don't mind me asking Steven, will the samples on this one be cleaned up so there are no hidden/barely audible voices and such on the end? Seems to be a concern for some of the folk around here.

Last night chatting with dandelium
we were really surprised that the gogs of slate drums only have 4 (or 5 , i dont remember exactly)
samples per every degree of "hardness" hitting the drums :S
i mean why not do 10 or 15?...im sure it will reduce the "machine gun effect" A LOT
I really expect that the rock and metal expansions will have more samples per velocity

dont misunderstand me...i love slate drums :3
my recording are like 100 fucking times better that before