Dio Tribute "We're Stars" Song Discussion

Hey Jason,

Could you help me out? I can't figure out what to do about that long solo section and, since you are a lead guitarist, I think you'll do a better job than me. Please try to re-arrange them so the solos flow better. Most of them sound fine where they are it's just a few that don't sit well.

I'm sure you have the base tracks (drums, guitars, bass) and I'm guessing you have all the solo tracks as well. Let me know if you need anything.

Cheers

Jason/Sarj.. I'm thinking of redoing my solo sections if possible, mainly because I'd like to redo them with both the section before and after in the cans.. that way I can flow it better, as mine were improv'd...

-P

Jesus Christ, i thought you guys had given up on this already!
I dont you guys will finish this song before i die. :lol:

Hey guys

Got a good mix going for this song! I'm going to try and mess around with the order of the solos a little and then I'll post the mix for feedback. Paulie go ahead and re-record if you want to but I like what you've done.

Excuse me gentlemen, but my english is not enough to understand this.

Is that video a joke? I think is a "tribute" make with love...but is the worst fucking shit I ever seen in my whole fucking life!!!!!!!!!

Is very strange that nobody in that junk recording said,"ey motherfuckers this sound like bounch of cats fucking"...

the drums, the solos, the lead vocals, the firts clean guitar are terrible!!...Dio doesn´t deserve this.

Sorry, but I needed to take out from me, now I´m going to the WC, maybe I could make a video and upload to youtube, there´s a lot of suckers doing it every day:guh:

We need to do a video of our version! Can you guys film yourself playing your parts? It can be in a studio, outdoors, jam room... whatever. I know a guy who can put it all together nicely. If it's asking for too much we can go with a slideshow of pictures. It's not going to be awesome but it'll do.

What say ye?

I'll have to see what I can do about the video... I make no promises haha

Note on the video: Aging rockstars look very depressing and I've never seen someone eat the pop filter quite like the bleach blond guy at 1:43.. Seriously worst "tribute" ever...

-P

Sounds like its been "tuned down" / "chorused" or "slowed" and the compression is making the entire thing pump like mad. The intro tone is full and lush, and then as soon as the heavy part kicks in it thins out and gets weak as hell.

Just my 2 cents

Sounds like its been "tuned down" / "chorused" or "slowed" and the compression is making the entire thing pump like mad. The intro tone is full and lush, and then as soon as the heavy part kicks in it thins out and gets weak as hell.

Just my 2 cents

The compression/limiting is just for getting a rough idea of what the track will sound like once mastered, there is no compression/limiting on the WAV file and I've mentioned that earlier...

Final mix w/ compression & limiting:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ac5h7c2fj6dk8b3

The 24/44 WAV file is w/o the compression & limiting.

As for it sounding like it's "tuned down" / "chorused" or "slowed" I have no idea why this mix would give you that impression. It's been this tempo/tuning since the beginning... I haven't touched anything but the solos since the last few mixes. The only FX I'm using are delay and reverb on the vocals and solos, I don't hear a hint of chorus anywhere!

Can anybody else hear what Jason is hearing?