Dio Tribute "We're Stars" Song Discussion

Damn I LOVE THIS SONG:) You managed to catch the vibe of the 80-s metal mix.
What kind of reverb-delay did you use on solos? Sounds so malmsteenish!
I've PM'd you a couple of thoughts about the mix.

That's EXACTLY what I was going for... the 80's metal vibe :D I'm glad you like the mix!

All solos were individually compressed and equalized then routed to a Solo Bus.
The FX chain on the Solo Bus = POD Farm Delays (Stereo Delay) > POD Farm Reverbs (Rich Chamber) > GClip

Hey Marcus, thanks for the feedback! Yeah the bass is a little low but I like the overall sound of the mix. As for the Auto-Tune artifact... are you talking about my line in the first verse or Max's line in the second? Either way, I haven't used Auto-Tune (I don't even own it!) and I'm pretty sure neither has Max.

It's the second "calling you" at around 1:44, I dunno, if not autotune, sounds like a weird edit or something - the only blemish in an otherwise awesome group of vocal performances though! Who did the super high vox, those especially are really fantastic :headbang:

yeah I gotta say that doesn't sound like an AT artifact ... just sounds like something that happened naturally when he hit that note

mix sounds great man ... LOVE the snare sound. Has a really nice and powerful CRACK to it

Ah! That definitely isn't auto-tuned and I think Max discussed this before a few pages back. Super high vocals, are you talking about the Paul Shortino lines? "And we all want to touch a rainbow" "Forever we will shine, yeah"?

It's the second "calling you" at around 1:44, I dunno, if not autotune, sounds like a weird edit or something - the only blemish in an otherwise awesome group of vocal performances though! Who did the super high vox, those especially are really fantastic :headbang:

The exact same line i reacted to.. even if its not autotuned it really sounds like an autotune mess-up for some reason.

it's my vocal folds, dudes. was very tired and sometimes i sound like that at my passaggio (where folds switch from one register to another they may do it immediately, exactly as the autotune or wierd editing does).

i do agree that it sounds WIERD and I can actually resing it right now (and seems i already did it, but we decided to leave that one).

anyway, if everyone wants, i'll do it. I'm recording vocals for another song right now and it won't take long.