Dissection - Reinkaos

The Don

Oct 29, 2004
Evergreen, Colorado USA
RRRAAAAWWWWWKKKKK!!!!
:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
I love the new album! "Black Dragon" and "Dark Mother Divine" are my favs at the moment. A bit more rock'n'rollish than Storm of the Light's Bane but still very good. Discuss!

Ech. I'm four songs in without counting the intro. The first song was alright, but so far the rest of it just sounds like bad Gothenburg. Track six just started and it's an improvement over the last couple... I dunno, I'll get back to you when I'm done I guess but so far it's boring me terribly.

Of course, I interrupted Overkill to listen to this, so that tends to put things at a disadvantage.

[edit] Yeah, it pretty much sucks. Beyond the Horizon and Internal Fire are the only songs I really enjoyed.

I'll just quote my post from the Katatonia forum:
MadTinus said:
I wasn't expecting much after "Maha Kali", but hey, it's the same guy who wrote the milestone albums that are "The Somberlain" and "Storm Of The Light's Bane", some of that talent should still linger sómewhere, so I stubbornly kept my hopes up somehow..

But what I've heard so far... damn, WHAT HAPPENED??!!!

This is some easy-listening melodic (Death?) Metal, where's the edge, the atmosphere, the fuckin' DARKNESS??!!! There are hardly any fast parts anymore, let alone a blast... It's all mid-paced cheesiness.. And I can't fuckin' stand the word "(anti-) cosmic" anymore :mad:.

I have a friend who is really into weightlifting and he is just ridiculous. I think he weighs like 140 and benches like 280. I am by no means a skinny lad but he calls me a withering goat because i don't feel like lifting with his homosexual ass.